Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i know that dogs teeth fall out but i didnt realise that most of the side(biggish) one fall out too. Is this normal or is Goldie sick? Although there are gaps that are still bloody he seems to be ok just gobbling up his food(dry). He is a bit more bite happy now but im guessing its the teething. Please let more know if this is normal or should i be concerned.

Here is a pic :p

Attachments

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Yep, all of the teeth fall out and are replaced, so don't worry. I know when Beamer was teething, he lost a lot of his pre-molars and molars at once on the same side... Looked like an old man for a few days!

Reactions: Yamanjazz

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Normal. I've never found a tooth and Hank seemed to go from a mouth full of puppy teeth to adult teeth over night.

Reactions: Yamanjazz

·
I ♥ my Zazoo
431 Posts
Both my babies lost those side teeth also.. Bigger ones come in.. :)

Unless it's the adult teeth then I'd get your baby checked out..

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, its nice to know that we have AAALLL of you kind people to rely on :). Feeling better now that i know its meant to happen. Any ideas on things to give and not give him to eat or chew? I was thinking ice blocks, but its cold. Do dogs get sore throats... Well if you guys have anything you think would be nice for him at this time please let me know.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
They all fall out, and most puppies actually swallow most of the teeth that fall out.

Just make sure he has lots of good chew toys. We like Nylabones, though you have to be careful to select the appropriate hardness, since the softer "puppy" ones and even some of the regular ones can be ripped apart and swallowed by strong chewers.

·
Jill -- Maisie's "Mom"
563 Posts
Watch for...

Normal as others have posted.

We learned one important thing to watch for with Maisie. One of her adult canines partially erupted without pushing out the puppy tooth. Her vet checked the puppy canine and found that it was still solid in her jaw so that the adult tooth was coming in wrong. She was scheduled to have it pulled since he said that adult canines in the wrong alignment can be a big problem in chewing, etc. She -- and we -- got lucky. The dental surgery was scheduled after the long Thanksgiving weekend. I checked her mouth and the puppy tooth just before leaving for the clinic and it had fallen out!

But I learned to watch for the problem of puppy teeth not falling out.

·
Dog Lover for Life
220 Posts
I also never found one tooth of Cooper.
It's nice he is finaly through the chewy and bitey stage. He is getting big.

·
Registered
242 Posts
funny I was just about to ask the same question.. I was playing with Miaya and her rubber horse shoe suddenly she stopped and started crunching on something, it was one of her teeth.. I looked in her mouth this AM and the whole botton side of her teeth are gone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts