Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,785 Posts
She looks fine to me. I just take notice of her every day and don’t stress out about it. If she looks chubby reduce her food she looks thin increase it.

· Registered
29 Posts
She does look a little bit thin to me. Not overly thin but at 10 weeks they usually are still little puppy chunky. I wouldn't be overly concerned, give a small amount of additional kibble at each feeding.

· Registered
98 Posts
I noticee that she is pooping a lot too, like 4_5 times a day, she did get her deworming vaccine, and even though I feed her 3 times she is constantly hungry.
4 to 5 times a day seems more than I am used to, but I realize not all dogs are the same.
As to the constantly hungry (or always willing to eat), that seems to be normal puppy behavior.

· Kristy
11,036 Posts
Thank you everyone, we dont have a Vet yet, no, and Im feeding her 3 times a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Please take her to the vet and have her established at a practice. This would ease your mind about her being too thin (she is not) and also have a vet in the event she does get sick and need to be seen. An emergency vet visit is expensive and if doesn't have a regular vet, you'd most likely have to go to an emergency vet. I'm surprised her breeder didn't request that you have her seen when you brought her home just to have her checked out.

Puppies are like children, as they grow they should start to slim down and lose that babyish roly, poly look. HERe is a great chart to become familiar with: Body condition score chart As she grows she will need more exercise and as mentioned above, you'll need to bump up food slightly if she gets too thin and pull back if she starts getting more treats or growth slows down and you notice her losing her waistline.

If you haven't started looking for a place to take obedience classes, it is not too soon.. Good places have puppy classes fill up quickly. If this is your first GOlden, you will be amazed at how quickly she will learn. All Goldens do better with obedience training and it's especially important if you have kids in the home.
p.s. she is super cute :)

· Registered
918 Posts
Hopefully you’ve taken her to a vet by now…1 full month since you’ve had her. Not only is a vet important for the kinds of questions you’re asking, but by now she should be having vaccinations and stool tests for creepy crawlies. Also you should be thinking about pet insurance as well as getting her into a puppy class. She sure is a cutie, as is your little girl!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts