Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have attached pictures of our little girl Thea who has just turned 4 months. She is meant to be a golden retriever, however the amount of people who stop and ask if she is a Labrador definitely has us wondering. On top of that, when we got her, she supposedly had already had her 1st vaccination but when we took her to the vets we were told the vaccination record we were given for her is a fake, leading us to not really trust the breeder we got Thea from. She is not really fluffy at all but looks as if her fur is befinning to grow out more and maybe even be “feathering” but again, we are unsure. I just wanted to see what other golden owners thought about her, do you think she is a golden retriever, just a short haired one, or were we lied to and is she maybe actually a labrador? Obviously she is now our little girl and we don’t care too much anymore, would just be nice to know.

·
Registered
9,495 Posts
Love your Lab or lab mix ...

for a Golden, ears are all wrong and really, she doesn't look like a Golden at all.

Reactions: yvette

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
On top of that, when we got her, she supposedly had already had her 1st vaccination but when we took her to the vets we were told the vaccination record we were given for her is a fake, leading us to not really trust the breeder we got Thea from.
She might have a little golden in her.
Just curious, what would it take to make you not trust the breeder at all?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Definitely a lab or lab mix.

This is a four month old Golden Retriever.

She's very cute though! I think that's terrible about the vaccination record. I would certainly not trust the breeder if she falsified vaccine records, not to mention lying about the breed of your dog.

·
Registered
307 Posts

This is what our guy looked like at 4-months. Even if your baby isn’t a Golden, she sure is cute and I bet you love her to the moon and back!

·
goldenfan
806 Posts
Sorry but I think you have been conned. Do you have the registered names of the parents as you could check those on the kennel club web site? Her head shape is not typical of a golden retriever and although coats can be slow to grow in UK goldens her coat is more typically Labrador/ Labrador cross. This is a 4 month old puppy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,375 Posts
she is very cute, and does really look like a lab mix.

·
Registered
Rocky, Golden Retriever.
7,300 Posts
She is quite cute, but not a Golden Retriever. Looks more like a Lab mix to me. Here is a picture of a 5 month old Golden Retriever
Dog Blue Dog breed Carnivore Whiskers

·
Noreaster
2,195 Posts
Yes, the ears are a tipoff, also the shape of the muzzle. Maybe lab…there could be some terrier or shepherd in there, even.

I hope you aren’t too disappointed. She can’t help her background and while I could understand having some major irritation at this “breeder,” a good dog is a good dog, no matter what the gene pool. I have a very fancy, well-bred Golden but I can tell you that his pedigree has come up exactly once in six years and that was with a new trainer who knew the breed. Mostly he’s just my goofy stinker who has me wrapped around his paw to a shameful degree.

She looks like an absolutely darling dog. Enjoy her!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Definitely a lab or lab mix.

This is a four month old Golden Retriever.

She's very cute though! I think that's terrible about the vaccination record. I would certainly not trust the breeder if she falsified vaccine records, not to mention lying about the breed of your dog.

View attachment 885404
Hi. We’ve had many various pets in our life and I wish to comment. We’ve found that GR pets take quite awhile to show their feathers and beautiful tail. Your pet looks like ours did at that age so I’m thinking she is a Golden. Skye is our first Golden and for quite awhile we were not sure of her heritage as most owners are. At 14 months believe me she is ALL GOLDEN RETRIEVER.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not all golden puppies are as fluffy as some of the photos people have shown. However, the ear shape is not the typical golden ear. A picture of my 5 month old boy with his father (5 years).

Sky Dog Vertebrate Cloud Plant

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is Piper at 4 months. She is not the "fluffiest" of Goldens we have ever owned. But her parents were nicely feathered and furred. So we will see more f than as she grows & develops. You may find that out also. Best Wishes to you and your sweet young one !
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Companion dog

1 - 16 of 16 Posts