Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've learned the clumsy GR is normal... The fact that she is OBSESSED with being pet to the point if she sees your foot she trys to make it scratch her stomach any way possible. Or if your feet are propped up and she can go under your legs she'll keep doing laps just to go under your legs and rub her back....

Now she loves to look out the window (If I open the door for her to look out the glass door she'll still run back and forth between the too)... She started off like this...

She tried to get into the window area but found out she's far too large (but hey the cat does it.. this is also the cats fav. spot)...

Now I guess it's too much weight on the front legs...

She's so odd!! Is this normal? lol She cracks us up but I mean... wierdo.. lol she can't really get herself off of the pillow well either.. she always gets her "arm" stuck behind it. lol

·
Registered
494 Posts
One of my girls also goes under your legs to rub her back any time she is able. She will also set with her front legs on the floor and her rear in a chair. She’s our goofy one but she’s still young.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
I think she is special...ok the word "think" is wrong I know that is one special Golden Girl:). I am sure that looking for attention and love and being silly goes along with Golden traits. I cannot sit down to do much without my boy pushing his nose under my hand to be petted. Goodnes he will hog the couch now to get the best place to watch TV:doh:.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Sounds like all mine. Can be hard when you are one person with five dogs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The second picture could have been our Morgan, she does the same pose on our couch. She also loves to drop her toy behind the couch and have you get it out. A strange game that needless to say is tiring. Their quirky personalities is what makes them so much fun and keeps us laughing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
She's normal, my Goldens all do it sometimes relentlessly! They go for the stomach, head and back. I can't say I blame them; who doesn't like a back rub?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts