Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Cooper is very cute! Although he doesn't look 100% purebred to me, he does look like he has that Golden Retriever sparkle in his eyes and love in his heart.

·
Premium Member
18,148 Posts
mylissyk

They must have mixed up the samples. All four they're done for us have been spot-on accurate. Most recently, Bailey, who we adopted 2 years ago as a 11-year-old senior (I met her when she was one, in a shelter kennel, and found her a home, but they fell on hard times, so we very happily adopted her).

I can see every breed they reported back in her. Same with the other three dogs we've had tested by Wisdom Panel.
That's what I told them, but they wouldn't let me send a new sample. They reran the same sample and got the same results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, me and my partner got our dog Cooper four months ago from a breeder in Ontario. We were told that Cooper was a purebred Golden retriever and we saw both of his parents they looked like purebred Golden retrievers. However, now that Cooper has grown into his features he does not look like a golden View attachment 875465 View attachment 875466 View attachment 875467 View attachment 875468 retriever. Everyone who meets Cooper mentions that he looks like a terrier because he has these white hairs on his face that are really long. I am going to post a picture of him below and please let me know if you think you know what kind of bread he is. He is 6 months old now. We love him regardless but we just want to have a little bit of clarification on his breed so that we can feed hi
appropriately and train him appropriately. Thank you so much and advance.
I agree, he's adorable, and I know you love him regardless; however, he doesn't look like a purebred Golden Retriever. Can you do a Wisdom Panel on him? I've also used an app called Fetch, and it can identify dog breeds. We had adopted a dog that they said was a shepherd mix, but the app called him a Carolina Dog. I checked with a breeder, and he was a Carolina Dog.

The main thing is that you love him, and he loves you. He really is adorable!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, me and my partner got our dog Cooper four months ago from a breeder in Ontario. We were told that Cooper was a purebred Golden retriever and we saw both of his parents they looked like purebred Golden retrievers. However, now that Cooper has grown into his features he does not look like a golden View attachment 875465 View attachment 875466 View attachment 875467 View attachment 875468 retriever. Everyone who meets Cooper mentions that he looks like a terrier because he has these white hairs on his face that are really long. I am going to post a picture of him below and please let me know if you think you know what kind of bread he is. He is 6 months old now. We love him regardless but we just want to have a little bit of clarification on his breed so that we can feed hi
Your Cooper is a cutie!!!! He (not 'that' or 'it,' please!) reminds me of a friend's golden doodle! Snickerdoodle had longer whiskers and eyebrows, and her fur was somewhat coarse. She turned 15 in January and went to heaven shortly thereafter. Curious...Does Cooper have webbed feet (between his toes)???
Your Cooper is precious!!!! Just look at his eyes!!! He (not 'that' or 'it,' please!!!) reminds me of a friend's golden doodle, with the longer eyebrows, whiskers, fur around his mouth. However, Cooper appears to have golden ears (clearly seen when lying on his side), with his longer, softer-looking fur at the top, descending to silky-looking shorter fur to the tip! Curious...Does Cooper have webbed toes/feet??? What a cuddle, you lucky mom!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our neighbor has a Weimar Doodle and has the same fur on her face like that. Whatever he is, he’s adorable, just sad they mislead you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cooper does appear to be a golden mixed possibly with a terrier. If his parents were not registered, though they both looked like pure bred goldens, one must be a mix breed. We have a neighbor that had a golden/poodle mix and she looked like a pure bred golden retriever. But if she had puppies some could certainly look like poodle mixes. Or if the parents were both pure bred goldens, then a visiting neighbor dog must have also mated with mom. Litters of puppies can have multiple fathers. I would notify the breeder, they might offer a partial refund for selling you a mix, possibly accidentally bred. Either way Cooper is very cute and I’m sure he’ll be a great dog.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think spend the money and get the DNA testing done. That way you’ll know what type dog he is mixed with. That would also give you some legal proof in case you want ask his breeders for a partial refund.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts