Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Is it my golden retriever pure?

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Dogsport 
#1 ·
So I've adopted a golden retriever in December last year, but I'm starting to doubt if she's a pure golden retriever because of how she looks🥺🥺 can you guys help me please? And

See less See more
#5 ·
Because my neighbor have a golden big golden retriever male and they were giving away puppies and as they were giving them away, a person said something about my dog saying that we have a golden too, but my neighbors said that no! that mine isn't pure at all 🥺 and it was rude because I always try to get my dog play with theirs, but they don't let me, now I see why 🥺

#9 ·
Your golden is still a puppy at 8 months old. She will grow and fill out over time. Keep her lean and she will grow up healthy. Be patient and don't worry. She will grow up and you will wonder where your little puppy girl went. :) And remember, bigger isn't better. Goldens are not supposed to be huge. Also, your neighbors are ignorant.....

Reactions: Luluthegolden
#10 ·
She looks like a Golden Retriever to me. Don't worry about your neighbors opinion. I am curious though, do you have a picture of your neighbor's dog?

Reactions: Luluthegolden
#12 ·
Your neighbors are insecure idiots. I’m curious about the giving away puppies situation.
Our Zoey used to play with her brother and there was a startling size difference between them. She was an average size female and he was at the upper end of the Breed standard.
Your pup sure looks like a sweet 8 mo old female Golden to me.

#13 ·
Your neighbors are insecure idiots. I’m curious about the giving away puppies situation.
Our Zoey used to play with her brother and there was a startling size difference between them. She was an average size female and he was at the upper end of the Breed standard.
Your pup sure looks like a sweet 8 mo old female Golden to me.
I think they were selling few puppies and since one buyer saw me with my puppy he just talked about it and they were like no, that one isn't pure and stuff, and yes, they're mean and ignorants they have their dog chained up and it's sad because he's very playful, he even scaped from the house several times

And I love my little Lulú, she's super smart, she loves helping me when I go grocery shopping, she helps me with the bags lol as you can see in the first picture, she's so sweet and faithful to me
She was abandoned in Christmas eve and i adopted her without permission, the girl that found her couldn't keep her so I brought her home with me, she's honestly a Christmas blessing! 😍

#14 ·
Your girl is still a puppy at 8 months old, with lots of growing to do still. But yes your dog and your neighbors dog are both Golden Retrievers.

Unless she is spayed, please watch closely and make sure you do not let them play with each other when she goes in heat.

#17 ·
For what it's worth, in the US, the "breed standard" for females says the minimum height at the shoulders when fully grown is 21.5 inches (54.61 centimeters). The maximum height for males is 24 inches (about 61 centimeters). That said, many of us have dogs that are slightly shorter or taller than that (my very well-bred boy was originally kept as a show prospect by his breeder but matured at only about 21.5 inches). Just thought you might be curious as to whether your girl or your neighbor's boy is closer to breed standard height.

Either way, she's a lovely girl, she looks purebred to us. and you are right to love her and be proud of her!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.