Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
i m from myanmar. In our country, there isn't much high quality dry foods.
Only Royal canin, purina gets here.:mad:
My puppy doesn't even eat them a bit. Now i give a new brand to him and he likes it.
I didn't see any reviews of that brand. I give to puppy mixed with boiled chicken. is it ok?
that new brand includes these ingredients : ground corn, chicken by-product meal, broken rice, corn gluten meal, soybean meal, full fat soybean, chicken fat, brewers dried yeast, dried skimmed milk, poultry digest, iodized salt, vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and flavouring.

crude protein- 27%, crude fat- 8%, crude fiber- 4%, moisture- 10%, carbohydrate -60%, sodium- 0.3%, vitamin c -100mb/kg.
is that ok. i mixed it with boil chicken. :wave::wave::wave:

Attachments

·
Pearl, Lila, Betty's mom
3,147 Posts
I think that would be great! Just mix it with other goods to keep the protein down below 25%. Pretty much any "real" food is good for dogs, with the exception of things like grapes, chocolate, onions, raw potatoes, avoid a lot of salt, oil, and spices. We give our dogs lots of raw vegis when preparing out meals. They love broccoli, cauliflower, kale, carrots, nearly everything but lettuce. Canned pumpkin is excellent, so is yogurt and cottage cheese. Fish is very good too. We give them lots of sweet potatoes (really we just have yams in the US and call them sweet potatoes) , but no food with grain because it is mostly nasty byproducts and overfed. If you home cook grain such as rice I'd think that would be fine. i'd mix up chicken, pumpkin, yogurt/cottage cheese, brown rice. Search the web too as there are lots of good sites on home cooking and getting the right mix of protein and other nutrients. She is adorable!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Pearl, Lila, Betty's mom
3,147 Posts
No one else? Surely others have a lot more experience with home cooked meals for pups.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Zaniri "Samson von Auric"
442 Posts
Your puppy looks very sweet! Cute as a button, congrads :)
My experience with feedimg our puppy home cooked food was for about a month straight while we sorted out his stomach issues.
No kibble so we had a lot of cooking to do!
His days looked like this.
Boiled chicken breast or wnite fish as his protein source. Also used eggs hard boiled and left the shell on for calcium at lunch.
Yams, sweet potatoes, or just plain potatoe with some oatmeal cooked mixed in. Choice of either or a mix for his carb source.
And a variety of cooked or un cooked veggies. Such as kake, spinach, carrots,peppers, cucumber, he pretty much will eat any veggies!
Also added some pumpkin or yogurt and we used a probiotic in powder form on top of his dinner. And now we use a multi vitamin for puppys to make sure hes getting all his vit and mineals needed. Since the kibble we feed now is very ingriedent limited.

Another option maybe, are you able to order food online? Im not sure how hard this may be for you in your location. But that may open up your possiblities for a higher grade kibble too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot both of u guys. So helpful.
High quality kibbles not easy available in supermarkets.
u guys own so adorable ones.
thats my first golden and i hope i raised it well grown up.
:)

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
There are tons of recipes you can get online for balanced home cooking for your pup.

Reactions: heinhtetaung.5293
1 - 7 of 7 Posts