Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every morning I give the dogs their meds. Danny doesn't get any meds, just his part of the american cheese I use to give the other dogs their pills. He LOVES his cheese. He races into the kitchen and sits where he's supposed to while waiting his turn. When I get into the kitchen, he sort of sits up on his haunches and gives me a quick kiss. Then I give Jasmine her pills, Jasper his and Danny is last.

This morning he got so excited that he pushed back too hard when he was trying to give me a kiss and fell over backwards! It was hysterical!

·
Registered
306 Posts
aww! too cute. the quick kiss part made me smile.

my golden and min pin will both follow me into the kitchen and sit in their 'spot' RIGHT outside the kitchen. layla will also eye me and tilt her head all the way back to the point where she's unbalanced and topples over.

silly dogs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My three also enjoyed the "cheese/pills" this morning with only one of them actually getting a pill in their cheese! Too bad the antibiotics for Oso will be done on Thursday!

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL. He loves cheese more than he loves mom, I am pretty sure. He's never fallen over backwards just for me!

·
Registered
142 Posts
that's hilarious I could almost picture it in my mind, but a video would've been better! ha ha. I love kisses by the way as long as there is no tongue then that grosses me out lol

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
where is the video camera when you need it? !

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
So cute! I need to meet Danny sometime, he sounds like such a sweetheart :)

Molson is a little nerd, too. He was on antibiotics for the past 2 weeks for an infection in his nailbed and he gets his pills in a piece of hot dog. He runs to the kitchen and he does all of the tricks in his repertoire before I even have the hot dogs ready!

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Oh, Jax has fallen on his back more times than I can count at this point, most often jumping for flying objects that he wants to retrieve. He also threw a full-on spaz last night for some beef organ meat.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So cute! I need to meet Danny sometime, he sounds like such a sweetheart :)

Molson is a little nerd, too. He was on antibiotics for the past 2 weeks for an infection in his nailbed and he gets his pills in a piece of hot dog. He runs to the kitchen and he does all of the tricks in his repertoire before I even have the hot dogs ready!
LOL. Danny does that too. We do treats after dinner at night. While the other dogs are doing whatever "trick" they have to do to get their treat, Danny is doing them too. Then when his time comes, he goes through everything he knows and then some. The only thing he gets hung up on is "speak" because he is drooling so much he has spittle flying everywhere. LOL

I love your signature J&J!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I think the words dorky and golden go together kind of naturally!

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
That is so cute! Abby HATES her Atopica capsule so I have to totally cover it in cream cheese. Then I have to take a piece of anything handy and cover it with cream cheese for Finn.

I have to make sure she swallows it, too. She has been known to spit it out in the corner after she sucks the cream cheese off. Dork.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Daisy just fell off the bed this morning, she was moving around and he butt slipped off so she was just standing at the end looking at me like "Mom, what happened? Why'd the bed end?"

We have a cat that when we would rub his belly he would roll over and off whatever he was on, his name is Goose...Silly Goose!

·
Lucy & Dory's Mom
2,760 Posts
Not the only one. I sort of thought it was genetic. The girls are supposed to sit and wait for us to put their bowls down at meal times. Poor Dory sits, but she can't quite be still. She always tries to get in a beg position, sitting on only her butt. However she also twists around in circles while on her butt to keep an eye on us while still sitting. She's fallen over and almost fallen over countless times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts