Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Many years ago we had a UK guest over who seemed genuinely surprised that our goldens weren’t overweight because the other American dogs he’d been around were so fat 🤦🏼‍♀️ If it makes you feel better, our boy was a little small at ~55 lbs (we always said he worried himself thin) but it didn’t do him any harm (lived to three weeks short of 16). How does Archie look when he’s soaked to the skin? It might be easier to judge that way. I can tell that my burly girl is a little too burly when she’s wet 😂

·
Registered
66 Posts
I get this alot this comment alot too from several people back home. They keep telling me how their golden is taller so mine is small and that's not normal. And then of course, for me at least, the self doubts start to creep in as to whether I'm doing right by my golden. The weight becomes such a constant topic because some of these people who own Goldens tell me how their males are 40kg (that's a good 10 more than mine ).. So then mine gets called a shrimp (in French this means something else but the connotation isn't great). 😬

I think I felt better after someone here posted in a discussion about their golden named Rio - looks just like mine, actual height and weight too.. except mine has a lighter coat....
Maybe you could teach him to growl at that word? 🤣 Just kidding!!! 😉

1 - 3 of 3 Posts