Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I am in BC, got a puppy from this breeder end of January and a week later passed away from parvovirus. Clearly had the disease upon adoption, the whole litter must have had it and they pleaded ignorance. Insurance would not cover the costs as it was a pre existing condition. Breeder went quiet.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I did report him to the CKC, I am at the point of starting to prepare a case against him to go in court, can you contact me to see if we can put our evidence together to proof the case ?
A group already put a case forward to the CKC last spring 2021. After reviewing our case they said they can't do anything and Valleaview is still supported by the CKC.

· Registered
2 Posts
Just stumbled upon this. In the summer of 2020 a 10 week old lab puppy was rehomed to us. We were able to figure out he was from a breeder due to the ear tattoos. Valleaview eventually confirmed he was one of their pups. It bugged me that they didn’t seem to care that this puppy was now with a new family (after being originally sent to A different one only 2 weeks prior ). Our poor little guy suffered a ton of GI issues when we first got him. He has giardia, and later bacterial kennel cough. He also has severe allergies. He is the sweetest dog in the world and I love him so very much. Just sad to hear he probably had a sad start to life
I had the same thing happened with the puppy I adopted from them!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I am in BC, got a puppy from this breeder end of January and a week later passed away from parvovirus. Clearly had the disease upon adoption, the whole litter must have had it and they pleaded ignorance. Insurance would not cover the costs as it was a pre existing condition. Breeder went quiet.
I am so sorry to hear this. Valleaview is a puppy mill and there is nothing we can do about it, except fight to have our laws change or warn other people. You really need to research and investigate everything about the place you get your puppy. If a breeder has numerous breeds being rehomed at time that is a definite red flag. I lost my down payment from them as I decided not to get a dog from therm.

· Registered
8 Posts
Do not get a puppy from Valleaview! This is a puppy mill, and over the past year has had over 200 puppies, including Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, German Shepherds and Blue Heelers. The puppies are raised in a building on his farm which is not his main residence. The sires are held in pens outside on the property. It is not uncommon for the litters to mingle with pups from other litters, and for the mamas to nurse pups from other litters as well. The pups are very poorly socialized, growing up in a barn, with no exposure to regular daily life with humans. At any given time, it is not unusual to have 50 puppies, who need care, a clean environment, and nurturing. The Sprungs rely heavily on local kids to help out, who are not equipped with the knowledge and experience to provide adequate care. Currently, there are approximately 60+ puppies up for re-homing.
Recent pups have been sent to their new homes with Giardia (Beaver Fever) and other bacteria, even though they have been seen by vets. Of the four summer 2020 litters of Golden Retrievers, each litter had cases of Giardia that we are aware of. One of the litters, 6 of 8 puppies have reported this parasite in their pups, although not all owners have chimed in. All the vets do is de-worm (not helpful with Giardia). The mamas carry Giardia, which is passed on to the puppies in-utero. A few of the mamas are very thin, and they are over-bred consistently. Giardia is a very difficult parasite to get rid of and some owners have reported thousands of dollars in treating this very resistant parasite. In order to eradicate this parasite, the farm would have to be completely disinfected. The Sprungs deny any responsibility.
If you buy a puppy from Valleaview, do not expect any written contract, any health clearances (they consider this a cash grab) nor any receipts for your purchase. There is no health guarantee, only a verbal statement of one-year guarantee for genetic disease, where they will take your puppy back and give you a new one. I would never want a replacement puppy from them.

STAY AWAY FROM VALLEAVIEW AND PLEASE SHARE!
Stay away from Golden Gals. We made the terrible mistake of quickly purchasing a puppy from them. Our beautiful puppy – purchased just 6 days ago – is now in emergency critical care (with medical bills upwards of $10K) because they sold us a puppy who tested positive with Giardia, Coccidia, and Parvo. It's clear why they are one of the few breeders in the area with puppies available: they unethically breed/sell dogs while taking no responsibility through their unilateral contract (the high price of the dogs must go to good lawyers!). They deliver the puppy through the car window, which must mean the conditions where the puppies are raised are dirty and unsuitable. My partner and I tried to find an offline resolution with Golden Gals, yet they instead fought with us, accused us of wrongdoing, and only provided one option for any support or compensation: remove the dog from necessary medical care against vet orders, drive him to their home, and return him. We are not alone – read the reviews on this page and elsewhere – the "Golden Gals" are golden scammers who try very hard to cover up these unfortunate situations, always blame the buyer, and never take responsibility. Please have our puppy in your thoughts.

· Registered
1 Posts
I am pretty sure this is Valleaview selling on kijiji under 2 different names and in a different province. There hasn’t been Valleaview ads in the last bit but their poor dogs and pups aren’t going to just disappear… they are just going to continue selling under different names and locations. This is so sad and sickening that the CKC stands behind and supports puppy mills like this and that the RCMP could do nothing. I don’t understand how they can continue.

Dog Product Carnivore Screenshot Companion dog

Dog Photograph White Dog breed Carnivore

· Registered
15 Posts
Hello

I am new here from Vancouver, B.C. I just got my golden on this past Saturday. It turns out that he is from Valleaview. I purchased him from a woman in Langley who is "friends" with the breeder. He is only 7 weeks old. He seems great, and I am already in love!!! I am a little worried now after hearing about Valleaview. I do have a non breeding agreement with the litter registration number, as well as the sire and dam registration numbers. I hope it is all legitimate.

· Registered
15 Posts
I wish I found this group and all this information before I purchased my dog from Valleaview:(
Everything seemed all right till the moment we picked up our dog. The trailer had cca25-30 puppies:( we got a sick, dirty unsocialized puppy which cost us 800$ in the first month. Giardia as well:( the vet signature on his vet passport was from another province!!! So my vet did an extra set of shots as it wasn’t sure he got any:( he is good now but not the dog we hoped for:( when I questioned him about the vet signature/other province/ parents ofa etc just ignored me:( I did receive the register papers after 6 months…
I will do embark testing on him and just hoping he is healthy

· Registered
15 Posts
you can share details with me too
The sad thing is unless you are going to do something to try to shut them down the puppies already exist and will continue to exist and still are equally as deserving of great homes and love.
it’s not right but it’s not these puppies fault either.
I got a puppy free m this breed. I’m I’m PEI. My puppy was supposed to be a local puppy, we got he home on a Saturday and was at the vet college on Monday with parvovirus. She was a survivor. Out of 8 pups three survived. I went to animal protection, here and Manitoba, CKC AND RCMP, they won’t do anything.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts