Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's crazy how this world works - one life lost while another is gained. My cousin Stephanie will be giving birth to her beautiful baby girl, Kaydence, tonight...the same day that one of Jeff's good friends/co-workers lost his life. If you could please say a few prayers...prayers that my cousin's labor goes smoothly (she's being induced due to some complications). Also, some prayers for Bill's fiance and his young son, that they get through this difficult time - his death was so unexpected. He was only in his 40's, but had a seizure and heart attack at work this morning (he's a paramedic). Also, some prayers for my husband would be appreciated. The bond that those who work in civil service (EMT's, paramedics, firefighters and cops) have is unbelievable and he's taking this so hard. Thank you in advance...

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sam

Sam

I sure will be praying!!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I'm so sorry for your husband and the loss of his good friend. What a shock to him and to the family and child. Many prayers for your hubby. It seems doubly cruel to sustain such a horrible loss so close to Christmas. :(

Prayers and good wishes for your cousin and her delivery.

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
Sending prayers for your cousin and also Jeff and his friends family....so sad.

·
Kristy
9,827 Posts
I'm so sorry for your husband and the loss of his good friend. What a shock to him and to the family and child. Many prayers for your hubby. It seems doubly cruel to sustain such a horrible loss so close to Christmas. :(

Prayers and good wishes for your cousin and her delivery.
I don't know what else to say, my tears are for your husband and the loss he is going through and of course the family... I will hug my husband extra close when he gets home tonight.

Please let us know all the stas about your cousin's baby upon arrival...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I am so sorry for the family and your husband; what a horrible thing to happen. Please let us know how your cousin does and will send good vibes her way. Life is neither fair nor selective; it just is.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm so sorry about your husband's friend. Many prayers coming your way. And many prayers for a joyous experience as your cousin meets her new daughter.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Isn't it the irony of life? To lose one as another if born. My heartfelt tears for your husband and his friends family. Such a horrible loss and at a time when families are so close. I am truly sorry.

Best wishes to your cousin, hopefully everything will proceed well now and delivery will be smooth and soon. Let us know how she does.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,666 Posts
Sending prayers to all.

It's the circle of life, it can be so bittersweet, as in this case. The sadness of a life ending and the joy of a new one beginning.

I believe each person has a job to do here on earth, when we have completed that job, we return to heaven. Age plays no factor in this time frame, as the plan goes into place from the day we are born.

God bless to all.

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Sam

My prayers go out to Bill's family and friends in their time of loss. No time of loss is great but the holidays it is especially hard.

Congratulations on the birth of the sweet little baby. I know everyone will be hugging her alittle tighter in light of everything that has happened. She is a special little girl.

Hugs to your hubby.

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They've made funeral arrangements - the service is Friday night at 7 pm in the city that Bill grew up, which is 2 hours away. I'm supposed to work til 6 and none of my co-workers are willing to cover for me so that I can go to the funeral with Jeff. One has a doctor's appointment, one has to pick her daughter up from the airport and one, get this, "doesn't feel like it". Of course, she's the one that I have covered for numerous times because of deaths of family/friends. I wouldn't need to leave work super early. Just 2 hours early. I cancelled my entire week of vacation next week to accommodate them after my manager was let go. They can't even give me 2 hours?

·
GR lover
521 Posts
They've made funeral arrangements - the service is Friday night at 7 pm in the city that Bill grew up, which is 2 hours away. I'm supposed to work til 6 and none of my co-workers are willing to cover for me so that I can go to the funeral with Jeff. One has a doctor's appointment, one has to pick her daughter up from the airport and one, get this, "doesn't feel like it". Of course, she's the one that I have covered for numerous times because of deaths of family/friends. I wouldn't need to leave work super early. Just 2 hours early. I cancelled my entire week of vacation next week to accommodate them after my manager was let go. They can't even give me 2 hours?
Sam, I'm so sorry for Jeff's loss of his friend, Bill. It's so young and hard at this time of year.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family as well.

Can you talk to the next manager in charge and ask for 2 hours of unpaid time since no one is willing to assist you even though you are accommodating them next week. Maybe next time, don't be so accommodating since it doesn't seem to be reciprocated.

Hugs to you and Jeff.

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There will only be 2 of us there to close, as is. The bank wouldn't be able to be open if I wasn't there. I'm checking with a couple tellers at other offices to see if they can come cover for me. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please. I was told by the manager that "it could be worse, it's just a co-worker". But he wasn't just a co-worker. He was one of Jeff's good friends and, more than that, he was a fellow EMT. I don't think those who have never experienced that type of bond really get it, so I guess I can't totally blame them for not understanding, but I still wish that someone would just step up and help me out. It's only 2 hours!

·
GR lover
521 Posts
There will only be 2 of us there to close, as is. The bank wouldn't be able to be open if I wasn't there. I'm checking with a couple tellers at other offices to see if they can come cover for me. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please. I was told by the manager that "it could be worse, it's just a co-worker". But he wasn't just a co-worker. He was one of Jeff's good friends and, more than that, he was a fellow EMT. I don't think those who have never experienced that type of bond really get it, so I guess I can't totally blame them for not understanding, but I still wish that someone would just step up and help me out. It's only 2 hours!
I really find it so disgusting how people can be so cold and callus about another person's life. How can people judge other people's relationships just because they are not related by blood? Most people are closer to their friends than they are to their own family. It's not your call to know the bond of a friendship. I'm sorry Sam that you have to work with some of the people that you work with. Crossing my fingers that someone will come through for you on Friday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts