Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Iron Toxicity

3412 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  hotel4dogs
This is not for me (thank heaven) I have a friend whose young Aussie ate a hand warmer, pulled it from her coat pocket. These are mostly iron. The dogs blood work has been extremely elevated in iron, beyond toxic for dogs, near toxic for humans.

She is wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with this? She is still waiting for the last blood results, but got the message when she called the vet "he is researching something, he will call you back". Needless to say she is very worried. Poor Abbie.
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
I am so sorry this happened.
Unfortunately I know nothing.

I just hope her vet can figure out a treatment and her pup gets better.
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.