Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an iPad 2 and so far so good. I'm just wondering what app's you've found to be the most useful? I enjoy shooting video's and taking pictures any app recommendations?

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Hubby just got an ipad 2 for use in his job and we were playing around with it--the camera stinks. It's horrible--terrible resolution. I think you'll do much better with a regular camera or the camera on your cell phone (if you have an iphone it's a better one than they put in the ipad2).

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
We just got an Ipad 2 too. My brother gave one to my parents, to us and to my other brother's family because we live 1500 miles away. We are constantly using Facetime. It feels like my parents are always at my house now.

I also play scrabble with them.

I also would like to know what apps are out there. Also, be careful, my kids accidentally downloaded some adult apps - I have set some restrictions on it - but when you go to Youtube favorites, still shows some explicit pictures - not sure if they can play them or not.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I downloaded the Nook application, and all my Nook books along with NetFlix.

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fortunately I'm not relying on the iPad camera or video - they're both pretty bad but as cubbysan pointed out they should work great for FaceTime.

One of the reasons I got it was to be able to download books and have found it to be very useful in this area. *But you know as convenient as it is I still miss holding the actual book in my hands - guess I'm just old school...but I'll get used to it eventually.

Pete

·
Valerie
789 Posts
I have no input for the apps as I, sadly :(, don't have the iPad 2 yet. They are amazing and I can't wait to get one once I save the money up. Anyway, my brother got one for Christmas and he was taking some photos inside and they turned out horrible! Crazy how something so expensive can take such bad photos, but when he took photos outside they turned out beautiful. The resolution difference between inside photos and outside ones is like night and day.

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've noticed the same thing...doesn't do well in low light, pretty grainy, but outside it's not too bad.

Pete

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OUCH!!!!! Another free app!?!

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah...I wonder....I don't think that was one of its intended uses :no: