Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm here to try out this forum as the other GR forum I belong to is sort of going defunct (nobody posts anymore!).
My name is Liz, I am a Ph.D. student in world history at Northeastern University. I specialize in global economic and environmental history. I live in Boston with my boyfriend and our 10.5 month old golden retriever, Zoe. She's on the small side, just over 50 pounds, but she should still have a few more pounds to go. She is our greatest source of joy--a combination of goofball and cuddlebug. She lives to meet people and play with other dogs. She is full of energy--much more energy than we had ever suspected, but well, she's made us become more active!
At this point, we have done puppy kindergarten and basic obedience...we may someday continue obedience and try agility, but right now we're a bit too busy and she has too little attention span (is that a bird? a squirrel? a person? maybe they want to pet me? oooh, a rock...ooh a stick...etc.)
I hope this is a great community and I'll get to enjoy hearing about all the other silly goldens here too!

I'll add a few pictures of her growing up:

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
welcome to the forum!! Zoe is adorable and the way you describe her sounds a lot like my Sammy (9 months old) glad to see you jumping right in and posting pics, we love pics here :)

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to you and Zoe. She is a sweet looking girl. She sounds like she is progressing well. I hope you enjoy it here at GRF. It is a pretty busy place at times. Look forward to lots more pictures.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Zoe is really beautiful and we'll enjoy watching her grow and mature. There's always alot going on here...... good discussions, fun and silliness, and, best of all, really nice people who care. Enjoy your stay !!

Betty

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Welcome-Welcome!
Your little city-girl is sweet!!

·
And Hunter's too!
980 Posts
Welcome!
Zoe is beautiful! What a little goofball alright - love the one of her in the window. Does she still try to fit there??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
love the one of her in the window. Does she still try to fit there??
Yes, and she still does fit! It's more difficult, and she usually has to hang at least one paw over the edge, but it's still her favorite spot--she just likes to watch the people go by.

Glad to hear you guys like pictures...because I LOVE to take them! I have hundreds of pictures of Zoe on my computer, and will post a whole mess of them when I have a chance.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Welcome

Hi and welcome :wavey:,
This is a great forum and I think you will find that the members here are very busy posting at all times of the day and night! I'm from MA too...just outside of Worcester.

Your pup, Zoe, is beautiful! I have a 9 mo old golden pup plus 2 two year old golden boys. I also have 2 labbie girls. I hope to see more pictures of Zoe.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi and welcome from Northern BC Canada. It sounds like you busy girl keeps you busy (in a good way) and hopefully brings some balance to your lives - education can take up soooo much time (not to mention money). We live in the frozen north and have owned goldens for 20 years...right now we have a six year old and a four month old from a recent litter...this forum is a great source of information and great people that are always willing to share what they know. Enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Welcome from another New Englander! The one thing folks never tire of are pics. (your friends will tire of them before we will :D)
Zoe looks like a sweetie!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome :wavey:

Zoe is just beautiful. She looks and sounds like Daisy:D, they are even the same age;).

You will love this site, I'm so glad I found it:D

·
C.P.
267 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and Zoe! This is really a great forum and I hope you find it as welcoming and useful as I have. Zoe really is a beautiful pup...and I'm raising a city pup as well (I'm in NYC). Good luck on the PhD...I was there once and I know what a long road that is.

Look forward to hearing and seeing much more about Zoe in the future!

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Oh no, puppy pictures! Zoe is so cute. I love the photo with the ears sticking straight up. Welcome to the GRF. Please enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and Zoe,
She is a beautiful girl and was a pretty puppy. I Love her window sill picture. It amazes me how they will try to fit in places like that when they are big. Bama used to lay on the lower shelf of my table on the patio and now cant fit. Almost got his head stuck. LOL
You will find lots of people love to share pictures and stories and enjoy hearing them. This is a busy place and one big happy family with room for one more.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts