Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Introducing the Summer litter, with PUPPY CAM!

15K views 205 replies 40 participants last post by  Sweet Girl 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've done this with the last three or four litters, so in case anyone is still interested, this is a thread about our newest litter, which we've dubbed the Summer litter. It's Oliver x Khaleesi. There are six new babies, 2 boys, 4 girls. All healthy, all gained weight over their first night. Yay! Here's the pedigree: Pedigree: Oliver x Khaleesi

Here's a quick video of them this morning. Turn up the volume to hear the choir sing. LOL!

As before, we have a 24/7 puppy cam up, which you can see day or night. Link below.

LINK FOR PUPPY CAM: https://video.nest.com/live/IDuoSffTbq
FOR SOME REASON YOU HAVE TO COPY AND PASTE THE LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER

They're just screaming potatoes with legs, right now, so not very interesting. But they become adorable pretty quickly. And I, at least, think it's fun to watch them progress.

Anyway, this is the thread. Enjoy!

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME TO BUY A PUPPY. THESE PUPS ARE ALL SOLD. THE THREAD IS FOR CUTENESS AND ENJOYMENT ONLY. THANKS.

See less See more
#96 ·
My goodness, now that they are being weaned, they are packing on the weight. Some of the puppies gained 1/2 a pound in the last day, and at four weeks old, two of them are over 7 lbs. already, with the others knocking on that door.

We took the two boys -- Green and Brown -- outside for a couple minutes today. It's the first time any of the puppies have been out of there room. Here's a little video. Nothing special about it. Just two puppies flipped out over suddenly being plopped down in the middle of an alien world.

#104 ·
Pink was having quite the time with the croissant toy today. I giggled so much I almost spit out my diet Coke. She almost made herself fall over a few times. So cute to watch them grow. Seems like it flies by to me, maybe not so much on your end though. How old are the pups when you take them for conformation evaluations and temperament testing? I don't think those are the right terms but that's all I could think of at the moment. Was it closer to 8 weeks with the last litter?

#105 · (Edited)
How old are the pups when you take them for conformation evaluations and temperament testing? I don't think those are the right terms but that's all I could think of at the moment. Was it closer to 8 weeks with the last litter?
We do temperament evaluations after they are 54 days old, and we do conformation evaluations immediately after we are done with temperament testing. Hopefully all done by 8 weeks.

#113 ·
The Summer litter has moved from its 1 bedroom condo to a ranch. And so far they love it!

Have you ever known a dog that was afraid of the vacuum cleaner? We make sure that Esquire dogs are not afraid, because we get them used to it very early, before their fear response kicks in. Here you can see Theresa actually "vacuuming the puppies." :) This first puppy, Purple girl, will likely love the vacuum cleaner because of these experiences. And I wouldn't be surprised if, for the rest of her life, every time the vacuum cleaner goes on she wants to be vacuumed. They sometimes imprint on these things. :)

#121 ·
The new enclosure looks like so much fun for the puppies! So many stimulating objects and so much open space to romp in.

My 3yo girl is not afraid of the vacuum cleaner until I try to vacuum her. She hates that. Too bad, because it would probably prevent a lot of shedding if I could eliminate the loose fur right at the source!

#123 ·
Still loving the puppy cam!

I happened to notice a video on the front page of Digg.com (forwarded from ViralHog) that looks a LOT like your setup (just from the story telling dragon) and was curious if it was you?

Digg referral: Watch These Golden Retriever Puppies Be Transfixed By A Talking Stuffed Dragon Telling A Story - Digg

ViralHog link:
That's by local breeders we know, Mary Benson-Thompson and Joy Van Wie of Calico Golden Retrievers. It's because of them that we bought the story reading dragon. So cool, huh? :)

#125 ·
Hey Dana, can I ask - what is the difference between a human (even a child) sitting in the pen and reading to the pups and the dinosaur toy? I'm so interested in all the sensitivity (or desensitizing) stuff you guys do and just wondering what this helps to develop. Is it just the acceptance of different kinds of creatures and sounds? Thanks!

Reactions: Wendy427
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.