Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I thought of another question. I know some breeds (chondrodystrophic ) are more likely to have "swimmer puppies". Have you ever seen it in Golden's? Or if it were to occur would it be likely seen with other serious congenital defects because Goldens are not chondrodystrophic ?
Gosh, what brought that thought up?

Yes, there are swimmers in Goldens. We had one a few years ago, actually. In fact, some here might remember him, as I posted about the challenges.

The dam of this litter, Khaleesi, was from a litter of three. One of those three was a swimmer. A super challenging little puppy we called Cappuccino because of his coloring. He was tiny, born at only 11 oz. He began to fade early on, and we had to tube feed him and try all sorts of things to keep him alive. Then he became a swimmer, and that was certainly challenging, too. We made a little sling for him and took care of him 24/7, and he grew out of it and was eventually able to stand.

Today he's a perfectly healthy, perfectly normal Golden.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've been watching videos about puppies on You Tube and in the feed there was a bulldog breeder who had a swimmer. Was just curious is all. Thanks for sharing your info. I'm glad he ended up thriving!

·
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Kisses to all the puppers...but extra kisses for the two cuddled up in the dirt (grass? Hay?) Be still my heart.

Reactions: DanaRuns

·
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Kisses to all the puppers...but extra kisses for the two cuddled up in the dirt (grass? Hay?) Be still my heart.
View attachment 875725
Ah! This thread hasn't had any action, so I thought no one was watching the puppy cam.

That is a product called Yesterday's News. It's actually recycled newspaper. It goes in the two potty boxes. Yes, for some reason all puppies love to sleep in potty boxes. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
It's puppy story time. The three-week old Summer litter listens to Hansel & Gretel as told to them by a purple dragon.

This is so darn cute! I love how the pup right in front of the dragon seems to be following along.
It's puppy story time. The three-week old Summer litter listens to Hansel & Gretel as told to them by a purple dragon.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I Love Puppy Cam! We check in on the pups a few times a day and my adult kids who live in LA are watching too. At least two pups are sleeping in the litter box when we pop in, which makes me think that’s prime real estate in SoCal puppy land. Thanks for sharing their early lives.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ah! This thread hasn't had any action, so I thought no one was watching the puppy cam.
I check in throughout the day (from San Diego)! I'm still in the hoping and waiting for a puppy stage, so your puppy cam has helped keep me occupied while I continue to wait. I cannot thank you enough for allowing all of us to share in the joy of watching your pups grow. :)

·
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
My goodness, now that they are being weaned, they are packing on the weight. Some of the puppies gained 1/2 a pound in the last day, and at four weeks old, two of them are over 7 lbs. already, with the others knocking on that door.

We took the two boys -- Green and Brown -- outside for a couple minutes today. It's the first time any of the puppies have been out of there room. Here's a little video. Nothing special about it. Just two puppies flipped out over suddenly being plopped down in the middle of an alien world.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I volunteer as tribute to lay on the ground and let them do the ceremonial "attack the human with kisses" ceremony....

81 - 100 of 103 Posts