Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
“MOM, da nuggets r moovin!”

I love watching new pups find their balance. Some of them are full force once they get up and then topple over in a second. Clumsy balls of cuteness.:love:

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Had the cam pulled up at work today during lunch. Your pups made a bunch of nurses and therapists happy in this crazy time. They kept picking out their "favorites". Yellow collar (girl?) won everyone over.

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Had the cam pulled up at work today during lunch. Your pups made a bunch of nurses and therapists happy in this crazy time. They kept picking out their "favorites". Yellow collar (girl?) won everyone over.
The puppy cam is playing in a few hospitals, mostly for pediatric cancer patients. But I'm hearing that the doctors and nurses like it as much or more than the patients do!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
They are truly a breath of fresh air to watch, and, they are growing so fast. Is it just me, or does "yellow" girl seem to be the leader of the pack?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are the biscuit trays (cookie sheets? i don't speak american) for cooling or just to introduce different surfaces?

·
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
FYI, as I type, the sound is on on the puppy cam, and feeding is about to commence, in case anyone cares to see it.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Someone draws a very cute Golden face.

·
Super Moderator
1,214 Posts
they look huge!!!! Do puppies from smaller litters grow bigger as they get more milk? it's been awhile but i can't remember if her previous litter were as big as this current batch. How do they compare?

·
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
they look huge!!!! Do puppies from smaller litters grow bigger as they get more milk? it's been awhile but i can't remember if her previous litter were as big as this current batch. How do they compare?
They are big, for sure. They are all around 4 lbs. just 16 days after whelp. That's a lot of weight gain in a short time.

I've never found litter size to be a big determinant in growth. We've had big litters (10 or 11) that have been big and plump. We've had small litters (3) that were just average in size. This is a moderate litter of 6, and these babies are pretty hefty. More important than litter size, I think, is milk production and mothering instinct. Any dam that produces tons of milk and is willing to lie in the whelping box for hours on end is going to make some pretty fat puppies. :)

Good question!

·
Super Moderator
1,214 Posts
They are big, for sure. They are all around 4 lbs. just 16 days after whelp. That's a lot of weight gain in a short time.

I've never found litter size to be a big determinant in growth. We've had big litters (10 or 11) that have been big and plump. We've had small litters (3) that were just average in size. This is a moderate litter of 6, and these babies are pretty hefty. More important than litter size, I think, is milk production and mothering instinct. Any dam that produces tons of milk and is willing to lie in the whelping box for hours on end is going to make some pretty fat puppies. :)

Good question!
oh boy yes they are hefty! thank you for sharing, these types of threads always provide a wealth of information and are very interesting. I'm watching them sleep now and their little twitches and stretches are so precious.

·
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Well, a sad day has come for this litter.

The puppies are now able to pee and poop without their mother's assistance, which means it falls to the humans to start cleaning it up. Six weeks from now we will have to bring in a dumpster to get it all. This is the day I always dread coming. LOL! :D

·
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Today was a good puppy cam day. If you missed it, you missed a few hours with the sound on so you can hear them sing. You missed nail trimming and sponge baths, always an adventure. You missed them howling along with the plush birthday cake playing Happy Birthday To You. You missed them meeting the interactive, speaking, growling, moving dinosaur toy. You missed mom feeding them standing up, and watching the little guys strain to reach the nipples. You missed puppies discovering the joy of playing "Bitey Face." You missed about 5,000 little puppy poops. Prolific poopers today! And you missed me singing "Bridge Over Troubled Water" to the girl with the silver collar, singing the part that goes:

Sail on, Silver Girl
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine!

It was a big day for puppies and the puppy cam.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh my heart! The one sleeping on it's back with all four paws in the air. Not sure what one it was because they are so fluffy I can't see their collars as well. So cute!! Love those chubby fluffer-nutters!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I thought of another question. I know some breeds (chondrodystrophic ) are more likely to have "swimmer puppies". Have you ever seen it in Golden's? Or if it were to occur would it be likely seen with other serious congenital defects because Goldens are not chondrodystrophic ?

61 - 80 of 103 Posts