Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am new to this site, but I have been using it for a while when doing research for my new comapnion. His name is Tank! I got him from Stone ridge golden Retrievers in Southern Missouri. He is a little young, only 7 weeks, but I had no other choice since I am going back to school next week and the breeder was already 6 hours away. He has 3 other dogs to play with and socialize with right now so I am not too worried about the week of socialization that he missed from his litter mates.

Well he is doing very well! I brought him home yesterday. The car ride was rough to begin with because the roads were really curvy. He threw up twice but was fine after that. He did really well with his kennel! I owned a boxer and she was really hard to get crate trained. Tank literally walked right in and laid down with his bone! He slept with me last night, but goes into his kennel for naps and when I can't watch him. We worked on some obedience today also! we worked on "eyes on me" and "sit" he picked up on it well. I want to get him involved in field trials but I am not sure how. If anyone has any information please let me know. I live in NE Missouri. Here are some pics of him.

Attachments

·
I ♥ my Zazoo
431 Posts
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! Tank your a cutie-a-pat-tooootie!!!!!... heheheehehe...
Welcome to the Group!!!.. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has been doing well today. No accidents so far! I would like to think it is because he is so smart, but is probably due to the fact that he is still getting used to the house and his surroundings. He is all tuckered out now. He has been playing with the Lab's tail all afternoon. hahaha

·
Kristy
9,823 Posts
Congratulations!!! Tank is precious!!! You will have to keep us up to date on all his adventures and of course.... MORE PHOTOS!!!!

As for field work, I think you could either start searching the internet for local clubs or asking for referrals from your regional golden retriever club. I've also seen infodog.com has AKC sanctioned field events listed by state. It would be fun to start going and meeting people. Might be a great way to find a mentor. Some of the field people on this forum would probably have even better ideas. Good Luck!!!

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
What an adorable little boy and Love his name. Tank you are in for such a wonderful life and so much fun to be had. He is such a cutie.

Welcome to the forum, think you will love it here. Many kind and knowledgeable folks always willing to help.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
So cute!

Great name! Makes me miss the little puppy stage, and my pup is just five months this week. Though I have to say it's good on the other side of house training. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Tank is adorable! I love the name! Have fun with him! He sounds like a great pup!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just don't get it! He does sooo well in his kennel. I had it open today and he just walked in and laid down. He had a couple of accidents today. He was eating and then all of a sudden backed up and squated down to pee. We got him fast and he finished outside. Then later he was playing and pretty much just stood there to pee. We did't get him in time to fiish outside but he went out and pooped outside. Last night I was carrying him outside to go and as soon as he say the grass he nearly jumped out of my arms because he had to go. He is SO smart! We are getting ready to do some more obedience training. He loves the training! Well at least the treats he gets!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you think of Stony Ridge Golden Retrievers

Hello. We are looking to get out first Golden Retrievers, having had Labradors in the past. We have found a puppy at Stony Ridge Golden Retrievers in MO that has already stolen our hearts. I haven't heard a lot about this breeder and was wondering what your thoughts were about the operation? How is your puppy's health?
Thank you!!

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
He's so cute!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts