Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I wanted to officially introduce our new puppy Bailey. We just got him on Saturday. He has been doing great with the housebreaking and crate training. In fact, the first night he woke up at 2am, 4am and then 6am. The second was 2:30am and 5:15am. Now last night he slept from 9:30pm until 5:00am... I was in shock! I was the one awake at 2,3,4 wondering if he was still breathing. Is it normal for him to sleep that long between potty breaks at 6-7wks? I hope I did not just jinx myself. :)

Attachments

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
last night he slept from 9:30pm until 5:00am... I was in shock! I was the one awake at 2,3,4 wondering if he was still breathing. Is it normal for him to sleep that long between potty breaks at 6-7wks? I hope I did not just jinx myself. :)
Welcome to the forum. Hunter is a handsome boy. As far as the jinx, if you have to ask, I would not bet on him being this good evry night but does show a definite desire to not go inside. There will be times like this and then times when he will go 5 minutes after have just gone. Just appreciate the good and expect the not so good and all will be fine.

·
Murphy's Mommy
2,441 Posts
He is sooooo cute!!! My goodness you must just want to give him hugs and kisses all day!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your cutie! We got Brady at 8 1/2 weeks and after a couple nights, he was sleeping from 11pm til 6am-ish. Even now at 12 weeks he keeps those hours, though occasionally he'll wake up earlier (3-5am) and whine a bit, but usually we can get him to go back to sleep without taking him out til 6am.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
I guess I need new glasses. My apologies - Bailey is a handsome boy.

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Aww, such sweet pictures of you and your adorable Bailey. Welcome to the Forum, we look forward to seeing more pic's as Bailey grows up.

~Jackie

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Bailey is on his way to being a perfect Golden. I see he's learning to cuddle. Both are cute as can be.

We got Penny at 7 1/2 weeks. We never took her out during the night (I'm afraid of the dark) and she never messed in her crate. I didn't know I SHOULD be taking her out, if I did I would have made DH do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks so much! We do love him already. That is my daughter Robynn in the pics with him. They already have a ball in the backyard together... she even reads him stories and trys to teach him 2nd grade math. Hey, if it works he might be on Leno. You never know.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Welcome to our forum, both your girl and puppy are very cute. I am sure, they'll be the best friends.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Sounds like you got a smart one. My Bama was just like that on the potty training at night. The first couple of nights it was out once around 3 but then the first night he didnt wake me to go out, I asked the hubby did you take Bama out and he said no. So he was a fast learner.
Your daughter and Bailey are just so cute together and take lots of pictures because he will grow up so fast. I love that last picture. Sounds like your daughter has a new best bud.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Robynn and Bailey are both adorable!! You can just see the love in Robynn's eyes...precious. My boys are 7 and 8 and they bond between them and our Emmy can bring you to tears. When you walk into a room and they're cuddling or Emmy's licking them...it doesn't get any better!!!

·
3 goldens
11,784 Posts
Hello and welcome from the Texas coast. Great to see more Texan's here.

Your wee ones, human and pup are beautiful. One can never get enough of holding a puppy getting puppy kisses, smelling puppy breath, and laughing at their antics. My firls are 6 and 8 now. Lost my 12 year old man back in May.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Bailey is adorable and so is your daughter. How nice she has a best friend to grow up with.
welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts