Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oliver was born on November 27th 2019 and came from Millennium Goldens out of Bonham Texas. His parents are Gypsy and Toby.
I picked him up on January 22nd, the day he turned 8 weeks old.

He has settled wonderfully in his new home. He hardly has any potty accidents, he sleeps at night in his crate/exercise pen, he is excellent in the car, and only chews on his toys. The vet gave him a clean bill of health as well. Oliver has already learned how to retrieve too!

So far he has had 2 baths that he tolerated well and I’ve started introducing him to the blow dryer.
He doesn’t quite finish all of his food at meal times because he gets distracted (he refuses to eat in his crate). He’s had a slow introduction to the cat without chasing or showing aggression, he is mainly curious. The kids love to play with him and wear him out!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
What a cutie. I love seeing puppies with their kids. I'm glad everything is going well.

·
Super Moderator
629 Posts
I'm so so glad he is settling in well, he is a cutie for for. Love the photos with the kids. I remember as a kid, my grandmother took in her neighbors golden retriever boy, who LOVED my sister and me. He was the very very best dog and I have so many memories of growing up with him. I'm sure he is where my love for golden retrievers started.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Very sweet! I’m so happy Oliver is a part of your family now. He’s so cute!! I’m sure the kids are thrilled. Great photos

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Hooray!!! A dream come true. He looks like he already owns the place! And he retrieves?!? I'm jealous! Love the pictures and love the love.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I can't believe how fast he's growing. I do remember thinking with Rukie; the puppy who came out of the crate in the morning was clearly bigger than the night before. He looks like a relaxed and happy boy.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Oliver looks awesome. He's gonna get a ton of love from your family. I can see he's already close to the kids. Wishing Oliver and your family a golden and healthy future together.

dlm ny country

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tonight is my first night back at work and I miss Oliver like crazy. With my husband and kiddos looking after him he has had accidents in the house that don’t happen with me. I suppose they aren’t as careful since it’s mainly my dog.
He is so perfect. We can leave him in his pen for a few hours and he is well behaved. I can have him out with me on the farm and he stays out of trouble. He has no problem sitting on the porch while I ride my horse or playing in the yard. He is good with the chimkens and my cat. He is getting so big I feel like he went through a growth spurt and is hitting the 20 pound mark even though on Wednesday he was 16 pounds. He is starting to look like a lanky teenager. I did end up switching him to pro plan large breed puppy. I know I had planned on waiting until he was 4 months old but I just didn’t like the all life stages. The kibble was too big for him and he couldn’t chew it, only swallow it whole, he never finished it, and he felt skinny to me. He is polishing off the puppy food and is eager to eat it compared to the all life stages. I hope I made the right choice. No problems with his bowel movements, regularity, or anything else thus far.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts