Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Thanks, Sandy! They’re the best!! Taking them swimming tonight- Noelle’s first time. I think she’s going to be my dock diver eventually.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

After her first swim. She looks soooo much like her dad in this picture. She swam about six times and ran a lot outside. She’s zonked. Stella swam for an hour and 15 minutes and I actually had to catch her quickly at the end because she was swimming to a point I couldn’t grab her and then to the other end of the dog pool! Noelle wanted to swim but being her first time she did well. I think she’ll get used to it the more we go!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

Six months old on 6/1. She’s the sweetest thing. Took this pic as she rolled herself off their coffee table (you can see they’ve trashed it by climbing under it to sleep) and without a beat head ended up like that. She is obsessed with elevating her head to sleep.

Actually both of my girls are but Noelle snores when she elevates her head!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Her breeder took this pic of her after her first bath/groom and she said she LOVED it. Score!
Oh what a cutie. I melted a bit when I saw her photo she is adorable.
You must have a lot of patience to cope with a puppy and a 19 month old. But I imagine the cuddles and fun are worth it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Oh what a cutie. I melted a bit when I saw her photo she is adorable.
You must have a lot of patience to cope with a puppy and a 19 month old. But I imagine the cuddles and fun are worth it.
Surprisingly, they are both easy. I think it helps Stella (my 22 month old now!) is titled in Rally Intermediate, so she’s rather behaved. Noelle follows her lead!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

Noelle on the bottom. Their breeder’s birthday was yesterday, so headbands it is! Funny they both have the same
Parents and one looks like an aunt dog of theirs (mom’s sister) and Noelle looks like dad.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Pretty girls, the headbands look great on them.
Noelle isn’t too sure about things on her head yet but Stella doesn’t care. Noelle lost all of that time going out and wearing her bandanas etc due to covid-19 restrictions. Her puppy class was cancelled this summer, so I think we are going to try 1-3 private lessons to get her heel under better control. Otherwise, she’s been doing things I did in Advance Basic with Stella at 9-10 months. Noelle has a much better recall. I’m actually pleased with how great her recall is. Plan is to take her in 11 days to their “family” Reunion aka pool party. Nothing like 12-14 goldens! Lol

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,849 Posts
The family reunion pool party sounds like so much fun....... looking forward to seeing lots of pictures.

Sounds like she's doing great overall, hope the private lessons work out.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Noelle had her first road trip! Poor girl HATES the car. Her carsickness is 10x worse than Stella’s was at her age. And Stella was a constant puker. Noelle is an excessive drooler. Like so much that if I had been smart enough to take bath towels...she would have soaked through four. I mean, the drool was everywhere. She’d shake her head...I didn’t know it was possible. lesson learned: child’s bib from now on.

Friday evening we stopped by their breeder’s house. We got to see all the dogs and both girls had a grand time seeing their sisters/mom/grandma.

Saturday we drove to the golden pool party. This was the second year for the “Freedom” reunion for Stella’s litter. So Noelle was the youngest one there at almost 7 months. Ended up being a total of nine goldens and all but one are related to the girls. It was Noelle’s first time really around a big group of dogs other than Friday/Stella.

Here’s where I say it: Noelle is the dream dog. Not only is she the sweetest thing...this was her first time being around a bunch of dogs, off leash, in a strange place for over five hours without any fencing. I was so worried because we do off leash and she’s good...but throw in a bunch of dogs, birds, outside influences of kids, bicycles, four wheelers, loud noises...she was the sweetest thing. She kept back at times but I would just see her sitting in the middle of the 5 acres enjoying life. Always knew where I was 100% of the time and would check-in. Both girls did fabulously well and it made for such an enjoyable day!

I ended up getting in the pool with goldens diving over my head.I brought Noelle in with me several times and she swam between her breeder and me. This was her first time swimming really out of water she couldn’t touch. Poor babe ran so much on the stamped concrete that I discovered yesterday...slight blisters on her pads. Vet Aid to the rescue.

Pulled from a video and I wish it was clear!!!

Noelle right with mom and dad and Stella’s littermate

Noelle chilling in the distance

taking all the action in

this is one of mine lol I think it was Noelle’s bravery lol

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Love these photos! I'm glad Noelle did so well playing with the other dogs and enjoyed swimming! She's such a beautiful girl.

Maybe she's getting motion sick since she's drooling so much -- that's a sign of nausea. Benadryl might help.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Love these photos! I'm glad Noelle did so well playing with the other dogs and enjoyed swimming! She's such a beautiful girl.

Maybe she's getting motion sick since she's drooling so much -- that's a sign of nausea. Benadryl might help.
Thank you! I would take a third of them but she’s the last litter of mom. And their dad is the father or related to the youngest three her breeder has!

I’ve done Benadryl/cerenia on different occasions and it starts off 10 minutes into the trip with her puking and then excessive drooling. 😕 I’m at a loss! The excessive drooling actually gave her a hot spot under her muzzle. 😭 Hence, kid’s bib from now on in car. I hope she grows out of it like Stella did.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Thank you! I would take a third of them but she’s the last litter of mom. And their dad is the father or related to the youngest three her breeder has!

I’ve done Benadryl/cerenia on different occasions and it starts off 10 minutes into the trip with her puking and then excessive drooling. 😕 I’m at a loss! The excessive drooling actually gave her a hot spot under her muzzle. 😭 Hence, kid’s bib from now on in car. I hope she grows out of it like Stella did.
Oh goodness. I'm sorry. I hope she gets over it soon.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I hope she can grow out of it! She’s off in the van getting her first official groom from someone other than her breeder (8 weeks). I typically do feet/paws/ears but the hair is growing in so she needs a butt trim etc!

I forgot to post this pic! This is what a pool filter initially looked like after 9 goldens swimming! They said they’d get another later that night!! I’m probably washing golden hairs down from my hair still! Haha

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

Noelle’s hot spot is healing up nicely!!! So happy. Of course, her sister snuck in with one too the groomer found and keeps scratching even with Benadryl. Have to take her to the vet tomorrow because it’s not healing.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,849 Posts
Sorry your girls have been dealing with hotspots.

That sure is a lot of dog hair..... I always wondered what it would be like having goldens in a pool, now I know.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts