Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
She's precious. I'm thinking the same thing about carrying Logan.
I don’t even think Noelle wants held. So she likely won’t mind when she can’t be carried! Lol. She’s asleep or always moving. Her confidence is unreal. But command wise? She is VERY intune with what is going on. And when you say her name...no hesitation.

Sit, Stand and Come are our only three working commands right now. Down is...downward dog and then springs up. Her breeder said her one sister hates the down command lol. Will have to work with her on this.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,849 Posts
I don’t even think Noelle wants held. So she likely won’t mind when she can’t be carried! Lol. She’s asleep or always moving. Her confidence is unreal. But command wise? She is VERY intune with what is going on. And when you say her name...no hesitation.

Sit, Stand and Come are our only three working commands right now. Down is...downward dog and then springs up. Her breeder said her one sister hates the down command lol. Will have to work with her on this.
You have a wonderful and very smart girl.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You have a wonderful and very smart girl.
thanks! I honestly feel so lucky to have two good girls. I started noticing with Noelle she is the first dog I’ve had who would benefit from a potty bell, but her thing is run to the glass screen door and scratch it- and I can hear it.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,849 Posts
thanks! I honestly feel so lucky to have two good girls. I started noticing with Noelle she is the first dog I’ve had who would benefit from a potty bell, but her thing is run to the glass screen door and scratch it- and I can hear it.
Aww........

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well, I now have pillows or stuff sitting on unused furniture because “I have no fear” Noelle knows how to get up on furniture and I am not looking for an injured puppy. My house looks crazy with random stuff on/around! Groomer came the other day and asked why Stella needed an XPen at the landing to the front door! Then came little miss to greet her! “Oh! That’s why!” ?

Turned my back the other night and turn around to see Stella watching her stand on the chair, which Noelle promptly laid down. ??‍♀

The next evening I purchased fresh flowers...set them on the table next to a chair. Next thing I know...Noelle is standing on the chair trying to knock over the flowers with her nose because she smelled them. I moved them...she found them. Moved them to the piano and there’s Noelle...nose in the air and seeking out the flowers.

I’m not sure if I will have an agility dog on my hands or not. She’s fearless and oh so confident. Maybe it’s really just confidence?!

We are doing really, really well with “stand” and naturally “sit.” She’s grasping “down” now. Only had to use my leg as the practice way to get her to go down under it! We have brief periods of stay but really need to work on it with her food. Hoping it comes with age/time/practice. Stella was and is so patient.

I have some friends who have shown their goldens and they’ve made comments about how pretty she is for a female/her head. I really honestly have no idea what a female golden should be. They’ve asked if I’m showing her but she’s limited reg. So we’ll be a rally/maybe obedience/maybe agility family lol

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
She's so sweet! So is Stella. ?

Logan is trying his darnedest to get up on our sofa. I've let him up here some when he's calmer, but it's Abby's escape for right now. I told Abby it won't last long!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
She's so sweet! So is Stella. ?

Logan is trying his darnedest to get up on our sofa. I've let him up here some when he's calmer, but it's Abby's escape for right now. I told Abby it won't last long!
stella, who hates jumping, has decided she can jump from the floor over the side of the couch onto the cushions to greet anyone who comes in the house. Ugh! Puppy can’t get to you first if she goes! Lol

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
This babe has no fear. All seating surfaces have stuff on them so she doesn’t try to climb on them. Found her sitting on the recliner the other night with her front paws on my laptop. ??‍♀

she’s also developed a car sickness that her sister had until six months old. Was encouraged originally but now...pukes every time. ?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
She's so beautiful. I'm sorry she's getting car sick. I have pillows on the floor around my sectional because Logan is getting jumpy. He can't quite jump on yet, but I've let him on to hang out with me and his sister and I want him to have a soft landing.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
She's so beautiful. I'm sorry she's getting car sick. I have pillows on the floor around my sectional because Logan is getting jumpy. He can't quite jump on yet, but I've let him on to hang out with me and his sister and I want him to have a soft landing.
Thanks! I am just blocking access at this point because she can make it onto everything and she is determined. Better a sad puppy than an injured one! Stella had (has) fear. She does not. Little miss sassy!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Noelle is such a pretty girl, are you thinking of doing Rally with her also?
Thanks. I love her head. Yep! She’s a smart little cookie and very in tune to direction. Our plan is to go to the Golden retriever National this year for rally with Stella and I think I’ll make a debut with Noelle there. Someone thinks I should work on obedience with Noelle because she truly wants to be with me all the time and they said that’s half the battle with obedience.

the rally course instructor is also puppy kindergarten and she is impressed with her sit, down, stand, come, pushups and now touch it. stay is our struggle right now. Joke at class two weeks ago was the fact the 11 week old understands stand Better then the 2 yo dogs ?

41 - 60 of 106 Posts