Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Great picture, they're so cute together.
Stella is very worried about where she is at all times and will come to check on her. They’ve really started to play and little miss sassy is loving it. I feel like the bad news bear when things get a bit “energetic” and have to separate them bc they stare at me like, “We were playing!” But...Stella is 60 lbs and she 9 lol

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,930 Posts
Stella is very worried about where she is at all times and will come to check on her. They’ve really started to play and little miss sassy is loving it. I feel like the bad news bear when things get a bit “energetic” and have to separate them bc they stare at me like, “We were playing!” But...Stella is 60 lbs and she 9 lol

That's so cute.. you must be having fun watching the interactions between them.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That's so cute.. you must be having fun watching the interactions between them.
they’re so great together. So sweet. Stella really longed for a play companion with Holly but their age difference made it impossible.

Noelle hates her kennel. I’m exhausted after she had me up every hour crying last night. I think it’s an anxiety of being in the crate. Stella won’t stay in the living room with her and I’m not going to force her to. And she cries even if I sit next to the crate.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,930 Posts
they’re so great together. So sweet. Stella really longed for a play companion with Holly but their age difference made it impossible.

Noelle hates her kennel. I’m exhausted after she had me up every hour crying last night. I think it’s an anxiety of being in the crate. Stella won’t stay in the living room with her and I’m not going to force her to. And she cries even if I sit next to the crate.
View attachment 869676 View attachment 869677 View attachment 869678

Where does Stella sleep? Is it possible to move Noelle's crate in the same room with Stella?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Where does Stella sleep? Is it possible to move Noelle's crate in the same room with Stella?
stella sleeps wherever she decides to at the moment! Haha. Sometimes in the living room, other bedroom, or on my bedroom floor but there’s no room to put a kennel in my bedroom. Stella is a mover basically. Although Stella has been out there with her and she still cries.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,930 Posts
stella sleeps wherever she decides to at the moment! Haha. Sometimes in the living room, other bedroom, or on my bedroom floor but there’s no room to put a kennel in my bedroom. Stella is a mover basically. Although Stella has been out there with her and she still cries.
Aww little Noelle, she is probably wanting to be next to Stella.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've been playing meditation music via Alexa for Logan. I don't know if it helps or not, but he zonks. Sweet baby. I'm glad the aromatherapy helped! Love the leaf photo. Logan grabs every single one he can.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
We are getting slightly better in her kennel but I know she’s not going to be my golden in a year wanting to voluntarily go in her kennel to nap 🤣 To he honest, she has never willingly gone in her kennel. And we aren’t moving up to the 36” quite yet.

Stella and Noelle are getting along so well. If I pick up Noelle, Stella wants me to put her down immediately to play. And Noelle is squirming like a crazy dog to get down.

I am taking her to puppy play with three dogs under 16 weeks today. She needs to be around some small friends because she thinks she’s 60 pounds. And plays like an 18 month old golden. There’s no fear. She’s sassy. She has zero fear of gates. My eye is on her constantly because she will climb over the xpen if I didn’t watch her. Stella stays 3 feet back from the gate because she has fears of it falling.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Not many pics. Kind of irritated because they changed it to age vs size, which I knew. And all but Noelle and another dog...they all belonged in 5 months and up. It’s about mental age...not size. On the bright side...Noelle liked the toy yorkie lol

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
She's very sweet. Love the photo with their matching kerchiefs.
Thanks! I actually make those, so this week we’ve been busy fulfilling our orders and learning patience! Actually, she’s very content being under my chair as I sew and sleeping. Usually 9-10 pm is our nightly chasing hours (dogs).

I miss my lab terribly but I didn’t realize how much I missed having two dogs who loved, loved, loved being around each other/playing. It reminds me of what it was like with my first golden/lab.

Since Noelle came home (three weeks tomorrow!) Stella has had a smile on her face since day three. She’s normally Miss Serious.

Noelle thinks she’s 60 pounds but she’s about 12-13. She’s definitely the one who starts Stella up. Very vocal puppy. She understands sit and stand. Down...she Seems to think you move in circles 😂 We are working on “stay” because she’s a POWER eater. I may have to add some spinach to her food to slow her down. Even the slow feeder bowl has her eating faster than I’d like.

We start a Puppy Kindergarten for 6 weeks 2/25 with puppies between 12-16 weeks.

(Thank goodness for this super cheap coffee table from Target I picked up when Stella came home. It’s a favorite sleeping place for both and saved a nice piece of furniture from dog teeth!)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Very sweet. Sounds like she is learning well! Logan isn't chewing up my stuff yet, but I think that's because he plays with Abby all the time. He's chewing her up. lol

I love the kerchiefs you make!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Very sweet. Sounds like she is learning well! Logan isn't chewing up my stuff yet, but I think that's because he plays with Abby all the time. He's chewing her up. lol

I love the kerchiefs you make!
Thanks!

her back teeth were poking through on Tuesday but so far she’s honestly been SO good with mouthing. I don’t know if it’s because Stella is okay with her doing it to her or what. She also has zero interest in puppy toys lol. Big dog; little puppy. Lol

21 - 40 of 56 Posts