Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We picked up Noelle this morning. She is a full sister to my almost 19 month old golden, Stella. Her litter theme is Advent, so Noelle fit perfectly. We had a 3.5 hour car ride and she slept all but maybe 45 mins of the entire ride, which included a stop to potty and a stop to eat her midday meal.

She would like to tell you she has learned rather quickly where her food is stored and where her bowls are located. She also wants to tell you she believes vacuuming twice a day is a good thing because she’s turned on the robotic vacuum twice. ? And she follows it around. Her big sister says she’s unsure why she likes that thing. ??

Stella and Noelle are getting used to each other. I am certain once she’s a little bigger they will be playing bitey face like old friends. Hopefully lots of tired dogs tonight!!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Too stinkin cute! All these new fuzzy pups are giving me the puppy fever. Sounds like you are all off to a great start. Enjoy!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone! Just completed her AKC reg because I was doing chip reg. Her official name is “Infinite Dreams of Hope, Holly & Noël” Hope is her mom, which is a theme of Advent. Holly was our lab who passed away in December and Noel is pretty self-explanatory. Haha

First night went pretty good. Put her in around midnight and she had a bit of whimpering. She woke up around 7-7:15. We are currently “napping” in our kennel so we do learn it’s a safe place.

Her sister played a bit with her this morning and now she’s asleep in her kennel too.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Wonderful! Noelle is so pretty!! Too bad all the new puppy owners don't live near each other. Playtime! ?

I'm excited for you! I'm sure Stella and Noelle will become best of buddies sooner than later. My Abby has now given Logan a sniff or two. ?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m tired! Lol. Baby Noelle is not a fan of her crate. And someone in my house got up to let her out overnight bc they felt bad she was crying after being outside with me 15 mins prior, so she went and slept in Stella’s crate, who suddenly wants to sleep in her crate again. I found Stella on the couch at 6 am and the puppy in Stella’s crate. ??‍♀

But she’s a sassy little thing. I know in another month they’re going to be playing up a storm.

she’s also taken over Stella’s favorite perch.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I’m tired! Lol. Baby Noelle is not a fan of her crate. And someone in my house got up to let her out overnight bc they felt bad she was crying after being outside with me 15 mins prior, so she went and slept in Stella’s crate, who suddenly wants to sleep in her crate again. I found Stella on the couch at 6 am and the puppy in Stella’s crate. ??‍♀

But she’s a sassy little thing. I know in another month they’re going to be playing up a storm.

she’s also taken over Stella’s favorite perch. View attachment 869544
What a sweet picture. Whoever let her out should be the one to get up with her tonight?

·
Maegan
563 Posts
Congratulations! I love her! I have been following this litter on Facebook and they are precious! Very consistent too.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They were all sweethearts! And heads (to me; untrained show eye) were all pretty similar. I look at photos of Noelle at this age and Stella and I think they will have a subtle difference when grown.

·
Kate
21,230 Posts
I saw your comment on another thread about your new pup and went hunting to find an intro thread! :)

Completely missed that you brought the new girlie home<:

Congrats - she's lovely (both girls are)!

·
Registered
222 Posts
A 19 month old and a puppy! You are a brave soul!
Bonnie probably will be four or five before I’m ready to do the whole puppy thing again.
Congratulations what a perfect little puppers!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw your comment on another thread about your new pup and went hunting to find an intro thread! :)

Completely missed that you brought the new girlie home<:

Congrats - she's lovely (both girls are)!
I picked her up Saturday! We are making a slow adjustment here. Stella finally realized she’s not going anywhere last night. I’m also 100% certain she broke her out of jail aka her kennel last night because I found a kennel without a dog at 5:30 am and a puppy asleep with Stella in a bedroom. Team purple: 1 Me: 0

A 19 month old and a puppy! You are a brave soul!
Bonnie probably will be four or five before I’m ready to do the whole puppy thing again.
Congratulations what a perfect little puppers!
thanks! My 19 month old is SO good. Otherwise I would never have thought of bringing a second one home. lol

1 - 20 of 101 Posts