Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself - I'm Tonya and I live in a suburb of Indianapolis with my DH and two kids (daughter, 11 and son, 8).

We had a wonderful, loving golden retriever named Sam who died almost 2 years ago, he was 13. We missed him terribly, but did enjoy our pet freedom for a while. We now find the house awfully lonely, so we gave the kids a new puppy for Christmas.

The little guy was born on Dec. 27th and we'll get to pick him up on Feb 14th (at 7 weeks old)!! I think we are planning to name him Captain Jack Sparrow and call him Jack.

So, just wanted to say hello and let everyone know how helpful this forum is.

Not sure if the picture will work, but here goes (he's the puppy standing)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are getting VERY excited and impatient! DH and I have known since October, so it seems like forever!

We are HUGE Disney fans, so Sam's AKC name was "Simba of North Oxford" (we lived on Oxford Street at the time), so we wanted another Disney name for this little guy, and Jack Sparrow is a favorite!

Here's another pic (still the puppy looking at the camera):

Attachments

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Ohhh my gosh is he ever cute. Another big Disney and Pirates fan here as well. LOVE the name Captain Jack Sparrow

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Welcome Tonya, Family and Jack! He sure is a cutie!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
What a sweet looking boy you have there.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
Little Jack is beautiful!!! He shares a birthday with my Austin...he just turned 1 on December 27!! Welcome!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I constantly check emails to see if the breeder has sent more photos - right now we are getting about 2 a week.

Does anyone have any experience with breeders in southern Indiana? We are getting Jack from Drewana's Goldens in Oldenburg, IN. (www.majork9.com) and this is much more than we paid for Sam, so I was just curious.

Thanks!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Welcome Capt. "Jack" Sparrow :wavey:

He's adorable. I bet your family is counting the days. Love the pics.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and Little Jack Sparrow,
He is just so cute and I cant wait to see the pictures of him as he grows up. These last weeks are going to go so slow especially to your kids.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Hi and welcome!!! Jack is adorable!! Im getting a new puppy too...Holly Belle, she was born on Christmas Day. I know how you are feeling I just cannot wait!!! I am getting her around the same time as you...I have to see my work schedule. You can see her picture in the thread Introducing Holly in the puppy section.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to GRF. Please make yourself at home here. Congratulations on the soon to be new puppy. He is as cute as they come. Be sure to have a camera ready for his homecoming.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DH is a photographer (sometimes professionally), so we'll have a TON of pictures! He is still smush-faced, so I can't wait to see what he will look like in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the wonderful welcome!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts