Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I realized I haven't posted any pics of my boy.

after a failed adoption from the SPCA of a golden chow X. (extreamly dog agressive, and a trainer who specialized in dog agression couldn't make any progress with her) we started looking for a purbred golden. We lucked out and found one which was born on the 8th of Oct ands we picked up on the 10th of december.

So here he is when we picked him up

and these ones were taken yesterday

Steve

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
OMG.......the face!!! He is absolutely precious!!! He looks like a big boy.......

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, well tuesday he was 22.7lb. the vet felt he could have been 1 or 2 lbs heavers so I increased his food a bit. so I don't know how much they should weigh at the 13.5 week mark but I think he is a pretty big bonned boy.

Steve

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
What a cutie he is. That face is just so sweet and will let him get away with so much. Keep those pictures coming.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
He's beautiful!!!!
Congratulations!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just precious!!! love the name too!

·
Registered
819 Posts
If you dont mind us knowing, whom was his breeder? His bone thickness is incredible. Plus he's ****** cute. I think in a year or so he needs a lil sister names Kahlua.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you dont mind us knowing, whom was his breeder? His bone thickness is incredible. Plus he's ****** cute. I think in a year or so he needs a lil sister names Kahlua.
the breeder is Chris McBride of Carmegold kennels.

Kona's mother was "Carmegold's the amyrlin seat", and the dad was
"Allsgold play it again"

ya, it will be a year or two befor I am willing to get a puppy again haha.. its a good thing I am semi retired right now, I have the time for this stage.. but ya we kinda did the whole Hawaiian theam for his regestered name also. he is "Carmegold keilana makana kona"

Steve

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow...what a sweet, sweet face. He's a handsome fella!

·
Registered
958 Posts
ya, it will be a year or two before I am willing to get a puppy again haha.. its a good thing I am semi retired right now, I have the time for this stage..
Steve
Oh boy...been there!! We didn't realize that the difficulty of raising a puppy increases exponentially with our age:doh:. Didn't think that we were gonna survive "puppy hell"!!! It does seem to start to get easier after 16-20 weeks.

Before we got Gracie we had talked a lot about having 2 goldens this time around. That discussion abruptly ended when Gracie came home to us in March:p:. We did find the courage to take the plunge in December and brought home our second girl, Ruby. Ruby is 18 months old, so we don't have to revisit the puppy days....and we have found that life with two is wonderful.

Annyhow, congrats on getting Kona and enjoy the puppy days....they don't last long.

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,628 Posts
Don't they just melt your heart! Loved the pictures. You have a very handsome boy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts