Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up June last night from Pendery Goldens in Duluth, GA and we are super excited. She was a somewhat unexpected surprise; June was born in a litter of six boys and was the only bitch. We have been talking to Penny and visiting with her for for over a month and weren’t expecting a pup from this litter because we wanted a female show prospect and well, chances are slim when there is only one female. We put in an application with another excellent breeder (Penny suggested we be open to other breeders as her next litter already had all the female show prospects spoken for) and were patiently waiting on that front when Penny let us know that the female may actually be the show prospect from this litter.

On Tuesday, Penny graciously hosted us to show us how she evaluates a litter and at that point she was down to either orange boy or pink girl as the show prospects from the litter. She went through evaluating the two of those in detail with us and walked my wife and I through it. In the end, pink girl was the winner. Hopefully not for the last time!?

I’ll start some short clicker training tomorrow and will definitely include some stacking exercises. The plan is to enter June into the 4-6 Month Puppy class a few times while my wife, Katie, learns the ropes with handling and being flexible with where we go from there. We will most likely use a professional handler once she is older, but I suppose that will depend on how fluid Katie becomes in handling. I tried handling at our conformation class with our other bitch that we’ve decided not to show and was told that I may need to stick with obedience training ?

This is getting too long, but I wanted to say thank you to all the faithful posters on the forum for offering their time, knowledge, and wisdom. It is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
She's so pretty. Enjoy her fuzzy, puppy breath stage.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
June is beautiful! My girl’s dad is a Pendery dog and he’s a special dog.
June is from Superman (GCH Pendery’s Man of Steel) x Kitty (Pendery’s Timed Purrfectly). We got to meet dad and mom quite a few times and they are both great dogs. Superman has personality for days!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts