Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am finally getting around to introducing Josie here. It's been a hectic couple of weeks with the holidays and bringing Josie home. She is seriously the best puppy ever and so easy to love.

Here is a picture of her at 8 weeks
IMG_0997.JPG

and her at 11 weeks
IMG_0491.JPG

She has already grown so much, it's getting hard to pick her up. Am I allowed to post her instagram account? If so, I will post it in a reply later.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please remove if this is not allowed :)

(shamless plug) I started a youtube channel and I talked about some tips I have. My video will be uploaded tomorrow! Check it out if you like, my channel is "Josie and Klar".

For some quick tips, expect to not sleep much. I would recommend you have at least one other person help you with potty duty. One person who stays up late and one person who wakes up early. Otherwise you will get 3 hours of sleep max.

Start training early! I use a clicker so the first day home was just teaching her that the clicker meant treats. Kept it simple to give her time to settle in.

Also in the beginning, take your puppy out every 30 mins when they are awake. Trust me, it seems excessive but Josie has had accidents within 40 mins of us last taking her out.

I would like to say that I am by no means a professional (there are many professionals here that just don't have the time or desire to be making videos). Everything I talk about is just my experience with Josie, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong. The same goes for my youtube videos. If anyone here watches them, and I say something that is incorrect, please leave a polite comment. Thank you!

·
Registered
31 Posts
They do grow so fast!! We got our guy at 8 weeks and he's two days away from 10 weeks now. And just the other day, I look at him and ask my fiance, did he get longer and bigger to you?!?! Now, we're a little sleep deprived, so just to confirm, we weighed him and he definitely a few pounds. It's astonishing.

·
Super Moderator
4,142 Posts
What an adorable little mug! Thanks for the sweet pictures!

Reactions: klar
1 - 13 of 13 Posts