Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
LynnMomto Sunny & Jasmine
2,118 Posts
Welcome! Johnny is a beautiful boy! Yes, Goldens do have different type of coats. My Dakota had a coat that would flip up all over --- really difficult to groom for a show! SunnyRose, who is his daughter has his same coat! Jazzy has a completely different coat, long, silky, smooth and straight.

Yes, his tail feathers will grow back!!:) May take a while but they will be fine again

Jazzys Mom

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
He's on IAMS at the moment, but he was on burns but it went straight threw him. Does it make a difference on there coat then? Sorry for being so dumb but he's my first golden.
When Johnny was a small pup I would mix his kibble with goat's milk. Then one of the trainers at our obedience club told me to add some olive oil to his food instead of the goat's milk in order to get a silky coat. He was eating Science Diet at the time.

Recently we switched to Natura Innova food and I've noticed that his coat is absolutely beautiful and his shedding has cut down. His poo is also less frequent, more solid, and smaller because this food doesn't have any fillers like wheat or corn.

I know what it feels like to be a first time parent of a GR as Johnny is my first too!! What's really helped me is becoming a member of a GR Club here in Hawaii. I'm sure there are some near you. The people in the club have taught me how to groom (although apparantly my DH didn't get the memo about tail feathering :mad: )

Jazzys Mom, thanks for the words of encouragement about the tail feathering. I was soooo upset. Probably more than I should have been but pregnancy hormones make everything worse :doh:

·
LynnMomto Sunny & Jasmine
2,118 Posts
Probably more than I should have been but pregnancy hormones make everything worse :doh:[/quote]

:lol: I know that feeling well! I used to make mountains out of molehills all the time!

Jazzys Mom

21 - 24 of 24 Posts