Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up Ivy today!

She's absolutely GORGEOUS, spry, playful, loving, and adores men (but likes women, kids, and other dogs and even cats too!). She's not above making some noise to keep the puppy out of her face, but she's tolerant and sweet.

She LOVES toys and ran right in the house and grabbed one up.

We then left her alone immediately, loose in our home, and went to Walmart for two hours. She never touched one thing, or had any accidents. She is a GOOD DOG!

She is about ten, and she is a REDHEAD!!!

The ONLY catch is that she is MORBIDLY obese. She weighs in at 118 and should weigh about 60 to 70. She is a small, fieldy type Golden. She needs to lose close to half her entire current body weight. In spite of this abuse, she is able to walk well, and even do stairs. She would make a great walking buddy for someone who wants a dog that is ready made perfect, with life still in her, and able to play!

Her coat was trimmed but is already coming in nicely and will be stunning when fully grown.

She is spayed, current on everything, and yes, her thyroid is normal. She is heartworm negative.

If you're interested in fostering or adopting (no rush, she can stay here as long as needed, but I can't help any more dogs while she's here) just speak up! Transport could be arranged to nearly anywhere. There is no adoption fee. I'd love it if she stayed on the forum!

Now- PICTURES!

Attachments

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Gosh she looks like she is giggling!
She is going to totally transform with that weight offer her bones!

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, she will be a very playful, happy girl! She already is. Whoever gets her is LUCKY, the PERFECT dog!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Ivy looks like such a sweet heart!! Would be great to see her looking trim, and I hope that whoever she ends up with will send you lots of pictures as she slims down! :D

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Baby's got back!!!!!! and middle, and .......

She is gorgeous and has such a lot of personality. She does look like she is giggling and enjoying the attention so much!

I can't have another (or I would have kept Buster), but I sure hope someone on here can or knows someone.........
give her a hug and smooch for me.

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She's getting lots of hugs and smooches!!!!! Her owner would take one bite of his meals then put the plate down, plus feed her entire bags of treats at once! And NEVER walked her.

·
18,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW she let me groom her- tail, feet trim, ear tidy, nail cutting- with NO resistance at all! And she has great teeth.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Oh wow that poor girl with all that extra junk in the trunk lol I hope someone here takes her... I'd loooove to see her with all that weight off!!

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Her and Buster really make a pair - he could stand to loose a few although he is really a big boy (did you see his paws!!?).

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She is beautiful and does look like she is giggling. Hope someone here on the forum wants her and will help to get some of that weight off her. Bless you Jenna for rescuing her.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Glad you got her before it was too late. Hope she gets down to fit and trim soon so her senior years will be her golden years. I hope you find a loving home for her soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts