Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has only been home for a little over 24 hours and has been an absolute treat to have around. We had two accidents (both our fault) but a fantastic over night. We went to bed at 11, got up at 1, 3, and 6 but absolutely no crying. Today we went for a wellness check up and the little ball of fuzz weighed in at 10.6 lbs but absolutely healthy. He eats about 1 cup, three times a day and is making a mess within in 10 mins of him eating. He does like to guzzle his food, but were working on taking it up, making him sit, and giving it back to try to slow him down some. Here is just a couple of my favorite pics so far....

Attachments

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Congratulations. Finn is a gorgeous ball of fuzz. Glad everything is going smooth. Enjoy every second of his puppy hood and be sure to take tons of pictures. No one has ever regretted having too many golden puppy pictures.

·
luv my goldens
481 Posts
Finn is a little cutie

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Welcome to the world and to the forum Finn! He's a cutie pie for sure.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love his name!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone, he has been so good. Last night we put him in his crate for bedtime around 1030 and the crying ensued. I actually thought all of his good behavior might come to a screeching halt, but once again the little guy impressed me. He cried for a total of 5 mins and then settled in for the night. I was going to set an alarm to get him up to go pee but decided he would let me know if he needed out. Much to my surprise he still hadn't woke up by 5 but I was getting a bit concerned so I woke him and took him out, he did both right away and decided it would be fun to play in the snow. I didn't mind as he was so good he deserved a good romp.

The only thing that has me puzzled is he prefers to lay/sleep on the cold hard surfaces of either the kitchen or entry way tile. He has a nice fluffy bed he has no interest in. I put towels in his crate and he just shoves them to the back and lays on the plastic bottom. Oh well, if that is my biggest concern I think I am doing rather well.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Maya is the same way. We put a bed in her crate when she was really little, but she would drag it out of the crate and into the living room, or if she couldn't get it out, she would shove it aside and sleep on the plastic crate surface. She made it very clear that was what she wanted. I think she got too hot with the bed. We just took the bed out and she has slept in a crate w/o anything else since. She likes it so much better. We even bought her a comfy LLBean bed and tried to transition her to that, but she prefers the plastic crate surface. That definitely is a good biggest worry! Enjoy puppyhood. It really does fly.

Thanks everyone, he has been so good. Last night we put him in his crate for bedtime around 1030 and the crying ensued. I actually thought all of his good behavior might come to a screeching halt, but once again the little guy impressed me. He cried for a total of 5 mins and then settled in for the night. I was going to set an alarm to get him up to go pee but decided he would let me know if he needed out. Much to my surprise he still hadn't woke up by 5 but I was getting a bit concerned so I woke him and took him out, he did both right away and decided it would be fun to play in the snow. I didn't mind as he was so good he deserved a good romp.

The only thing that has me puzzled is he prefers to lay/sleep on the cold hard surfaces of either the kitchen or entry way tile. He has a nice fluffy bed he has no interest in. I put towels in his crate and he just shoves them to the back and lays on the plastic bottom. Oh well, if that is my biggest concern I think I am doing rather well.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
What a doll!

(Its killing me to see all the new puppies on this board within the last month. I so want to play and hug them all. :) )

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
From one Finn to another, welcome to the world, puppy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts