Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Better known as, Olivia. She is a full sister to Gable from another breeding of his parents. I just picked her up this afternoon from Dichi's and am introducing her to Gable. He is a little growly but Dick said that it was to be expected.
Here are two pictures. I will post more when I take them tomorrow. Right now it is introducing the two of them.

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
ADORABLE!! Can't wait to see more pics!!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Congrats on your newest addition! She is gorgeous!

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
She is a living doll. Can't wait to see more pictures and you start telling us of her life. Congratulations.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is round 2 for the first night for me. I am ready for the screaming and the crying. Of course, that will be coming from me. Because of what noise is going to be coming out of her. LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome home Olivia! She is adorable, of course! How neat that she has the same parents as your Gable - they should be fast friends, right?!? Best wishes for a smooth transition and enjoy these precious moments!

Mari & Kula

·
Registered
48 Posts
They'll take. Gable is use to being "top dog" and now has competition for attention. Pretty soon, mayhem :D.......hopefully not though.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are having moments of acceptance and moments of not so happy. Everything that Dick told me. I know that it will take time. We will get there.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Congrats!! Olivia is adorable! I am so happy for you and I hope you got some sleep last night.

It took a good 3 weeks before Jazz was totally comfortable with Maverick and it was the same when we brought Jazz home to Magic. Give it time and reassure Gable that you love him. In the end Olivia will prevail as women always rule the roost anyway! :p:

Looking forward to more pictures!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Amazingly, We both slept the whole night without a peep. She went to bed at 10:00 and got up at 6:00. No accidents in the crate. Went outside and went immediately. The only accidents we have had is poop but I don't think she is on a schedule yet. Gable has the most issue when I am holding her, which makes sense. He just doesn't know what to make of it.
So far, it is going as planned.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Amazingly, We both slept the whole night without a peep. She went to bed at 10:00 and got up at 6:00. No accidents in the crate. Went outside and went immediately. The only accidents we have had is poop but I don't think she is on a schedule yet. Gable has the most issue when I am holding her, which makes sense. He just doesn't know what to make of it.
So far, it is going as planned.
That is great news! You will love when they finally decide to play together. Mine are inseparable now. They are doing the bitey face thing right now as I type.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know it is going to take some time for Gable to get used to her but I am just impatient and want it to happen now. LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts