Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dhoby The Golden
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

This is Dhoby, she was born on Sep 19, 2011 and will turn 9 weeks this coming monday. She came to us on her 8 week's birthday and has been such a sweetheart!

Of course she still refuses to walk sometimes and she nips when she gets excited, but already after just a few days with us she has improved so much.

We discovered that she loves listening to the "Blues" when she is inside her crate, it immediately relaxes her and puts her to sleep!

We read tons of books about raising puppies and golden retrievers since this is our first dog and learned that first comes exercise and discipline then affection but, god, it's so hard not to spoil her when she's so cute! We just wanna cuddle and play with her all the time! :)

Nice to meet you!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,638 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful little golden girl.

What a lucky girl Dhoby is to live in Aurba where she can go to the beach all year long!

Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of her.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
OMG cuteness overload. Dhoby is so sweet and you are so lucky. That cute she likes the blues...hahaha.

·
Registered
253 Posts
She's beautiful! I'm glad you mentioned music. I wouldn't have thought of that. Hope you have lots of fun getting to know each other these first few weeks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Cute little girl. Peyton is our first Golden and we've learned:

- they bite everything and their teeth are sharp so always have a toy to divert them from your arm
- they grow too darn fast. Peyton has averaged gaining 3 lbs. a week and at almost 5 months looks like her parents now and not a puppy ( but she's still cute)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dhoby looks like sooo much fun! Congrats!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Adorable..love seeing these puppy pics.. it's only been 9 1/2 months since Lilly was that little ..boy does time fly by..cherish every second!

·
Dhoby The Golden
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks so much for all your nice comments :) Before we got our Dhoby, I used to browse this forum looking at all of your cute pictures and I would dream of having my own golden fluffy;)

Yes, Aruba is great because it rarely rains here...but we have to turn on the AC for her cuz she came from a breeder in South Carolina and she hasn't quite acclimatized to the warn weather yet. But overall she's doing great.

She loves to walk (more accurately run!) when we take her to the coast but she refuses to walk around our neighborhood. She just sits put and won't budge!

Strange creatures these puppies :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts