Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Now that Cody is far enough in vaccinations, I was able to grab a spot in a local meetup group run by a local trainer. He had a great time playing with the other pups! There were 7 pups and he was in the group of the larger, more confident pups. He played with a doodle, a border collie, and a lab mix. I only have stills from video, but as you can see, he was a blur!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Love that last photo. Beautiful and so sweet.
Thank you! They both love each other.

He’s a smart fella, too. We noticed a week ago that he could see her looking at something in a tree or across the yard and then turn to see the same thing. Bella has never understood pointing or line of sight, but he does already.

Tonight he managed to pull Bella’s food box off of the shelf and unlatch the lid. I wish we had a video of it! Now that it has happened, he will never forget.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I was just thinking that I didn’t have any new pictures for a day or two. Then I hear him restless and barking behind me. I turn around, and here is what I see.

He has figured out how to jump into the chair. He has been on the couch for weeks, but he has a step stool to climb up. This is the beginning of him being able to jump

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,719 Posts
I was just thinking that I didn’t have any new pictures for a day or two. Then I hear him restless and barking behind me. I turn around, and here is what I see.

He has figured out how to jump into the chair. He has been on the couch for weeks, but he has a step stool to climb up. This is the beginning of him being able to jump
Dad, dad, look at me Dad, see what I can do...

He looks very proud of himself too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Cody is having a good day today. He seems to be adjusting to my work and his nap schedule. It makes me happy to have them both hanging out in the office while I work.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Cody starts to push his food dish around about an hour before mealtime. Food is very important to him!

A few days ago, we realized that he’s trying to pick it up and take it to his “place”. Because of the design, he would have to flip it over to carry it past the gate at the kitchen.

Well, today, he figured it out.

Edited to add:
He fell asleep on the water dish last night.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,719 Posts
Male goldens are so much fun.... love their antics.

Are you finding a big difference in personalities between him and your girl?

I've had two males and one female, I liked having one of each, but I have to say, I really like the boys better because they are silly.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thank you for posting, what a pleasure to visit with your dogs,
the chair picture reminds me of the time we were fostering a Jack Russel and I was doing my taxes, she sat on my lap for a day and next day when I walked in to my office she was sitting in my chair, waiting..... :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Male goldens are so much fun.... love their antics.

Are you finding a big difference in personalities between him and your girl?

I've had two males and one female, I liked having one of each, but I have to say, I really like the boys better because they are silly.
He definitely has his own personality! He is inquisitive, brave, and determined.

Bella is loving, a little timid, and stubborn as a mule. I love her, too!

The difference I notice is that Bella is my baby. If I am in the house, she wants to be near me. If I am gone, I am told she waits at the door for me.

Cody, on the other hand, loves my wife and my daughters. He greets them with such love! My wife’s voice is a siren song to him. I swear I can see him swoon when she talks to him

41 - 60 of 69 Posts