Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My little man came home today. We have had a busy day. He has the appetite of a velociraptor. He naps like he’s a grandpa. And he looks just like Fozzy Bear.

Big sister Bella is doing very well with him. She seems very happy and playful. We’re taking it very slowly and giving her lots of love.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Aww, very sweet picture. Enjoy that fuzzy cutie; they grow so fast.

Reactions: granite7

·
Super Moderator
4,142 Posts
What a heart melter!

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
Aw, he looks very cute. Pick him up as much as possible - they don't stay little for nearly long enough!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here’s a few still photos from some videos we took. Bella and Cody are bonding very nicely. Big sister is enjoying the playtime and is being patient and gentle. The boy... well, he’s all boy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awww thanks! We think he is pretty special, too! He has an incredible drive and focus. His nose is going all the time, especially if food is in the air.

He is starting to love to fetch the wing and canvas bumper. He is so serious about the wing! As he closes in on it, he makes a serious of pounces and a hrff, hrfff, hrrrrf growling every time he bounces.

He is now coming to his name. He sits and he is learning to place. Tonight after dinner, he went to the back door because he needed to go potty. A whole 6 days in the house and he is making good progress.

At the same time, he is very strong willed and loves mischief. He fearlessly flings himself at Bella. The more she rebuffs him, the more determined he becomes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Working from home certainly helps, but our days have been extended as we have to take turns blocking out time between meetings and classes to watch the boy.

Evidently, while 5:30 is early enough for breakfast, 6:30 is too early to be awake.

And how could you not love that face!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Crate training is going slowly, but we’re making progress. He definitely enjoys his sleeping bag in my office during the afternoon.

Bella is getting more and more comfortable playing with him. She has crazy eyes in this one, but she was loving every minute of it!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cody is learning to walk on the leash and getting better at “down”. He knows “place” and “sit”, and we keep practicing those. I will be reading up this weekend on how to start training “heel” and “here”.

I think that will cover basic obedience. What other commands should I consider?

We talk to him all the time and we believe it helps with development. He knows “get out of there” and “leave it” just because he hears it often enough! LOL

Bella and Cody are not quite on cuddling terms yet. He still compulsively bites and tugs her fur. Once that settles down, she won’t mind. For now, a little distance is healthy.

And just because not every hour is productive, here is the boy being a boy.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts