Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we brought home Codie. After a hectic night due to pouring rain and plenty of accidents, today has been a complete turn around! I'm not sure if he will be this this mellow for long, but I really am enjoying it now. The one question I have now (I'm sure as time goes by there will be plenty more) is that he tries to dig in the corner of my kitchen, on the tile. He'll do it after he has just gone potty outside, and if he hadn't just gone, I've taken him outside and he won't go potty. So, I'm thinking it doesn't have anything to do with needing to go potty, but I don't know what else!
Thanks!
I'll try and post a few photos. (I can't get any of him awake that are not blurry!) :)
Ok, can't figure how to post photos. I'm on my iPad, and I'll ask my husband when he gets home... Sorry.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Hi and welcome!! Cant wait to see pictures of Codie.

Sorry I dont know why he digging at the tile does he eventually lay down in that spot?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Congratulations on Codie! I can't wait to see some cute photos. Our Nugget has determined that his mission in life is to dig up the tile in the corner of the walk-in shower. (It's probably doggie proof). Why he has picked on this spot is a total mystery but other GR's that we have had also had a favorite spot like that.

Now that Nugget is over a year old I don't believe that it's a puppy thing. It could be a nesting instinct or there could be some weird smell that he detects and you can't.

Meanwhile, to save your sanity (and your house) I would recommend that you trim his nails frequently. We use a dremel tool and it does a great job. If you start young and offer rewards (like peanut butter) it will be a pleasure to trim his nails when he is older.

Send pics!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts