Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my puppy for five weeks, but he keeps me so busy I haven't had time to post his introduction! Casper is 14 weeks old and a complete cutie. I didn't get him for his looks, but sometimes I look at him and say, "wow, he's cute." He has a wonderful personality; we are so lucky. He loves people, especially children. He's afraid of nothing, but not overly
bold. He sleeps in his crate next to our bed from about 10-7 without complaint. We think he's going to be a couch potato when he grows up, but he'll also love to fetch.

Casper is a Rush Hill puppy from Chaos (Pedigree: BIS BISS Am GCH Rush Hill Run'n Amuck at Abelard OA, OAJ, AXP, AJP, NFP, WC, VCX (SDHF, OS)) and
Brie (Pedigree: Am CH Rushhill Carrera Dare to Stare). His parents are amazing dogs. My husband can just go on and on about Chaos, and we only spent an hour with them.

There were so many threads that I wanted to comment on, but didn't have time!

Biting and nipping? Only when he's hungry, tired, bored, or needs a potty break. So, most of the time. It is getting better, though. Finally.

Hanging from pant legs? This is his favorite outdoor game, especially if it's dark outside. Bitter apple is my best defense, so far. It's getting really, really old.

Favorite foods? Kibble, rocks, pebbles, sticks, roots, moss, grubs, slugs. See next question.

Round worms? Ewww. Yes. Well, hopefully not anymore.

When will the pup lift his leg? Ah, nine weeks. I do not know if this is a good thing.

Walking on lead? I think we had our first real walk in the last few days. That means he didn't drag me or run around in circles. He does stop - a lot. We still have to stop every day at the same old squished slug he tried to eat over a week ago.

That's all for now! Hopefully the pictures will show up.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Welcome Casper and family. He is just too cute for words. Its amazing how fast they are growing right now isn't it? Your pictures are beautiful and I can't wait to hear more stories and lots of pictures.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
LOL LOVED reading your "diary" about Casper! He sure is a cutie-pie!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
He is super cute. Enjoy him.

·
Sierra's Mom
50 Posts
He's adorable! We'll be getting ours in the next few months. Can't wait!

Are you a quilter? If so, me too!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks!

Thanks for the welcoming words! I would have replied last night, but Casper was a terror. We took him on a walk not realizing he was over tired. 20 minutes around the block - he had no idea I was on the other end of the leash. The few times he realized he was on leash, he though my husband was on the other end of the leash. So my husband decided to hang back, but then Casper thought he was a new person. Oh people! Wiggle! Pull! Sit! Wiggle! So frustrating. Then major nipping when we got home and he got put in the kitchen twice! I am so hoping for a quieter evening tonight.

I do quilt. Here's a picture of the bandana and crate pad I sewed for Casper for Halloween. He didn't really have an evil look on his face. I just happened to catch the white of his eyes and his nose always wrinkles up when he has something in his mouth.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Wow and holy smokes, what a pedigree! Did you get to meet Chaos? I would lovve to hear all about it! Casper is a doll.

·
Sierra's Mom
50 Posts
He is soooo adorable! Good work on his accessories!

Here is a picture of the bandana quilt I made after we lost our Tess. I used a bunch of her bandanas for the top, and printed some of our favorite pictures of her on fabric on the back.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He is soooo adorable! Good work on his accessories!

Here is a picture of the bandana quilt I made after we lost our Tess. I used a bunch of her bandanas for the top, and printed some of our favorite pictures of her on fabric on the back.
Wow, that is beautiful! I hadn't even thought to do that. I'm going to start saving his bandanas. Um, instead of cutting them up into scraps.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Congrats on your newest addition! Too cute!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Casper is sooo cute!!! Great pictures...they really show personality. Loved hearing a summary about him, made me laugh. Look forward to reading more stories as he grows and seeing other items you make for him.

swgoldenmom: Love the quilt you made in memory of Tess!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts