Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Aww sounds like it's been an awesome month! I love that photo of the two of them on the beach. Congratulations on your Novice Trick Dog title! We are also working on our Intermediate now. Not sure when I will challenge it yet, as I am not in a super big rush or anything...
It's so nice once they have all of their vaccines and you can start to explore more. It makes it a lot easier to get them exposure. Family obedience should be fun! Taking them to classes is so great for continued learning, mental stimulation and bonding. I'm always excited to go! Mind you, I tried rally with my older one, and it was not my personal favourite dog sport. Great photos! Can't wait to see what you get up to next month!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Aww sounds like it's been an awesome month! I love that photo of the two of them on the beach. Congratulations on your Novice Trick Dog title! We are also working on our Intermediate now. Not sure when I will challenge it yet, as I am not in a super big rush or anything...
It's so nice once they have all of their vaccines and you can start to explore more. It makes it a lot easier to get them exposure. Family obedience should be fun! Taking them to classes is so great for continued learning, mental stimulation and bonding. I'm always excited to go! Mind you, I tried rally with my older one, and it was not my personal favourite dog sport. Great photos! Can't wait to see what you get up to next month!
[/QUOTE
Thanks! The beach trip is something we had been really wanting to do after shots were done.

Haha my husband shares your opinion about rally. He thinks agility is much more exciting. Maybe one day we will try it out.

Going to class is my favorite too. Haha maybe part of it is that I am a big nerd and part of me misses homework and school!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Happy half birthday handsome boy, you have accomplished a lot already.

Reactions: rosegold

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Happy half birthday handsome boy, you have accomplished a lot already.
Such sweet photos! He's so cute. Congratulations!!
Atlas is a handsome boy.

Congratulations on his CGC and Happy 6 months!
Adorable boy!
What a sweetie! He's so adorable! And looks like you're doing great things with him!
Thank you! He’s such a happy little guy. We’re going to work on foundations for novice obedience next. This is totally uncharted territory for me and he’s so young that it’ll likely be slow going from here. But I’m excited!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Awww, I love the leash holder. She really did a great job!

It's crazy how quickly they grow. Both Ella and Atlas are beautiful and look so sweet.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Awww, I love the leash holder. She really did a great job!

It's crazy how quickly they grow. Both Ella and Atlas are beautiful and look so sweet.
Thank you. It's amazing the things you can find on Etsy. Though I try to limit my browsing on there for the sake of my wallet lol.

Soon he will be bigger than Ella, that'll be so strange..

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Here's our happy guy at 8 months. He's now officially bigger than Ella. We're having fun in a novice obedience class- he's still young and my husband and I are both inexperienced handlers. However, I can see his focus has improved a lot in the past couple months after taking classes here. I took him to a Show and Go for novice obedience last week for some ring exposure. I was so proud of him, he went through our routine (I opted to skip figure 8's and heel free) without a hitch! I did treat him, so we have a long ways to go, but he worked hard and was so eager to please.

Unfortunately broke my ankle this past weekend so won't be able to practice heels for awhile. I'm very sad that I won't be able to run around with my dogs for a couple months.

Is there anything better than dogs and coffee!

Obsessing over the ice machine.. it won't take long until he figures it out.

We don't encourage begging but his little face just looked so cute peeping over the table.

Kisses for sister
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Such beautiful dogs. Atlas is a cutie. You’re getting a year earlier obedience start than we did. I’m glad y’all did well at the Show and Go. They love ice. I crush it for mine sometimes.

I’m sorry about your ankle! That would drive me nuts. I hope you heal well and as soon as possible.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Such beautiful dogs. Atlas is a cutie. You’re getting a year earlier obedience start than we did. I’m glad y’all did well at the Show and Go. They love ice. I crush it for mine sometimes.

I’m sorry about your ankle! That would drive me nuts. I hope you heal well and as soon as possible.
Thank you. We got very lucky in that classes were starting to open up right as we got Atlas. Finding a good place to train is so hard; I can't imagine dealing with finding a place plus the COVID restrictions from last year.

It's only 2 days in with the ankle and I'm already going a bit nuts.. I do love my independence. The dogs are being super sweet though. Ella is following me around everywhere, much more than usual, even waiting outside the shower for me, and Atlas somehow knows to be gentle with me. Sometimes I think humans don't deserve these beautiful sweet animals <3

61 - 80 of 100 Posts