Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were excited to bring home a little boy puppy last week. With our first girl, we were too sleep deprived to take many photos of her puppyhood. I decided that wouldn't happen this time around, so we are documenting with lots of photos and videos. The fluffy little puppy stage goes by so quickly and we don't want to miss any of it.

I can already see Atlas growing in just a week's time. This guy is so confident and up for anything. He is quite the little observer; I can see his head whipping around and taking in everything in his environment. We are looking forward to see him grow!

Prepping to pickup the puppy.. Ella is wondering what is going on.

Such a good little boy during the 7 hour trip home.

I think we must have bought out the pet store in terms of supplies.. the Kong Cozie elephant was a favorite.

Watching big sis do a retrieve.

Meeting his mirror twin.

Ella is wondering why I'm not taking any photos of her ;)

There is no better feeling than having a puppy run at top speed towards you when you say come!

Carried him around the pet store where he met some creatures even smaller than himself.

Chilling in his crate.

He loves his mini Coolaroo - just like big sis!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I can't post more than 20 photos at once (not kidding when I said I'm making an effort to document puppyhood!). Here's a separate post with more pics of week 1.

It's amazing how similar some puppy toys look to human toddlers' toys. My little nephew wanted to steal this teething ring.

"What do you think you're doing in our house?"

A trip to Home Goods to get some fresh air and meet some strangers - we found even more dog toys to take home. Toy basket's getting pretty full with both his and Ella's toys; we're going to rotate them every week to keep things interesting.

Playtime!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Eeeep! The picture of the two of them on their appropriately sized beds is adorable. Atlas sure is a cutie, and Ella is so beautiful! Great job documenting, you can definitely tell that he’s a little bigger in some pictures than others, they really grow so fast. Hopefully big sis can help show him the ropes so you can have more time for pictures!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eeeep! The picture of the two of them on their appropriately sized beds is adorable. Atlas sure is a cutie, and Ella is so beautiful! Great job documenting, you can definitely tell that he’s a little bigger in some pictures than others, they really grow so fast. Hopefully big sis can help show him the ropes so you can have more time for pictures!
Thanks, he loves his Coolaroo. He will just carry toys up there to hang out with. He actually likes Ella's big Coolaroo even better, to her confusion. Fortunately they both fit on the big one just fine, for now...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE his mohawk!!! And the photo of him running towards you with the ear flaps full out.....LOVE!!! What a darling little guy to add to your family; congratulations!!! Can't wait to see more photos!

·
Kristy
10,287 Posts
Oh my LORD! The cuteness of Ella and and Atlas playing bitey-face together is too much :) Ella looks SO happy with him, that is just the best! Congratulations and good job with the photos, don't neglect videos either and be sure to print at least a few in an album you can take out and look at. My kids have been going through a phase recently of looking at old home videos and it's way better to have even a few that are easy to just watch without a hassle. I wish I'd done better with print photos and saving videos in one place. Keep the photos coming, so glad you all are having fun :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE his mohawk!!! And the photo of him running towards you with the ear flaps full out.....LOVE!!! What a darling little guy to add to your family; congratulations!!! Can't wait to see more photos!
Haha I didn't even notice it, but he does have a little mohawk. We love those floppy ears of his!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh my LORD! The cuteness of Ella and and Atlas playing bitey-face together is too much :) Ella looks SO happy with him, that is just the best! Congratulations and good job with the photos, don't neglect videos either and be sure to print at least a few in an album you can take out and look at. My kids have been going through a phase recently of looking at old home videos and it's way better to have even a few that are easy to just watch without a hassle. I wish I'd done better with print photos and saving videos in one place. Keep the photos coming, so glad you all are having fun :)
I love their bitey faces. Ella is so gentle and tolerant with him and never bites down.. we're lucky. Yes we have been taking video clips to look back on in the future. A friend had a little desk calendar made of her dog's first year photos, which I thought was a great idea. We may do the same in the future with all these pics. That's sweet that your kids are looking at old home videos! It's hard to remember to take the videos in the moment, but they're always worth it later.

·
Premium Member
Lucy
115 Posts
That is great. Thanks for sharing all of your great photos and I hope to see more in the future as he grows. Best wishes with the new pup and it looks like your older girl is enjoying his company too.

·
Super Moderator
3,014 Posts
Oh I love him!! He is a doll. Is Ella's the large Coolaroo? Both of mine fit on one, even though the puppy is 9 months!

Reactions: rosegold

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is great. Thanks for sharing all of your great photos and I hope to see more in the future as he grows. Best wishes with the new pup and it looks like your older girl is enjoying his company too.
Thank you, she is enjoying having a puppy around for the most part. Although my husband and I noticed a couple white hairs on her face recently and joked that it was from the new addition. She is so patient with him.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts