Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
riley's dad
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm bob from Cincinnati and I've been lurking here on and off for about a year. Thought I'd introduce myself,and my best buddy Riley (aka Joe, Riley-joe, etc.) in order to get rid of the obnoxious "zero poster" deletion warning! Here's my boy (this was in Aug--he's now 13 months old):
Also our previous Golden Spencer who was the love of our lives!

We lost Spencer Nov 5, 2008, and planned to take a year and do a little traveling, but we only lasted 2 months--being without a dog seemed completely un-natural!

Best Regards
Bob

Attachments

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to GRF. Glad you decided upgrade yourself from Zero Poster status. You have a fine looking boy there.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Hello and welcome! Is Spencer and Riley from the same line? They both look beautiful. Look forward to hearing more about Riley...he looks a sweetheart.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Riley is so cute. Love the redheads. So sorry for the loss of Spencer. What a sweet sugar faced boy. I know that Riley is helping to heal your pain.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
WELCOME!!!!

You dogs are beautiful.

I know exactly what you mean about being with out a dog being unnatural. When I lost my golden Kayla (several years ago) it was winter I was NOT getting a puppy until it was spring. Like that worked, my wonderful Maxine was my valentine's day present. I got to pick her out. She was my heart dog too.

Goldens get you every time!!!! Welcome again.

·
riley's dad
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind welcome! Riley and Spencer came from two different breeders in different states. We do like the "redheads" but we love all Goldens. I know what you mean about waiting til spring to get a puppy, we got Riley last Dec 28, and had the joy of housetraining through a nasty winter, and I'm a summer kind of guy! But he's proving to be well worth the aggravations of the puppy stage. He greets me with a mouthful (at least 2, sometimes 3) of toys every morning, circling me and squealing a little happy squeal. It's hard to describe, but it melts my heart every day! We do a 5-mile walk every morning, and usually a mile or two in the afternoon. Sometimes the second walk involves a ride in the truck to go to one of the county parks. He loves to go for a ride! Add in a little frisbee in the back yard weather permitting, and he's usually asleep by 9 or 9:30 every night. Best part about being retired is being able to take your dog for a walk whenever you want!

Bob

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Bob sounds like you and Riley have a perfectly golden life....
Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts