1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Matt
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HSUS: Still Not a Real

Of their 126 million budget in 2010....

47 million on fundraising.
32 million to hedge funds....gotta save for a rainy day right?
2.5 million in pension plans for its execs.
542,000.....yeah thousand on shelters.

"According to a recent national poll, over 71% of Americans mistakenly believe that HSUS is a pet-shelter umbrella group, while 59 percent incorrectly believe HSUS contributes most of its money to local hands-on pet-care groups."

yikes.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,435 Posts
I have never been a fan or supporter of the HSUS-this is just one of the many reasons I'm not. Thanks for bringing attention to this.

It's pretty amazing when you look at the Financial records/ break downs of a lot of Non profit organizations and you see where the money is really going, not where they claim it is.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I hope everyone who works for and/or manages this so called charity get it back in spades. Yet another example of human corruption and greed - how do they sleep at night? Until I joined this board I had no idea of the truth and thought the HSUS was on the level.
It would be great if shelters/rescues/other intereted groups could produce a commercial pointing out that HSUS is not helping the animals and blast it across the US. Or, get a copy of their donor list and send out information with the truth of where the money goes and encourage them to donate to their local shelters/rescues.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,435 Posts
I hope everyone who works for and/or manages this so called charity get it back in spades. Yet another example of human corruption and greed - how do they sleep at night? Until I joined this board I had no idea of the truth and thought the HSUS was on the level.
It would be great if shelters/rescues/other intereted groups could produce a commercial pointing out that HSUS is not helping the animals and blast it across the US. Or, get a copy of their donor list and send out information with the truth of where the money goes and encourage them to donate to their local shelters/rescues.
Totally agree!

Here's an opportunity too. I'm not a member of Facebook, I know many members here on the GRF are., if anyone is willing, they could post the information, link to the article, or even better, the article itself.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Thank you for the information. I'll be sharing it on my fb page. This exact thing is why I never donate money to ANYTHING. I will give goods to our no kill shelter, food to the food pantry, good used items to St. Vincent dePaul or Salvation Army...but not money. Too much greed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts