Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pleasure of bringing 4 GRs/mixes (Daddy + 3 pups) into rescue (Golden Retriever Rescue Atlanta) today. It was a team effort w/ 3 separate rescues assisting and an ACO willing to open the doors on a Sunday morning. The pups were OTI to a kill-shelter and thanks to a rescue watching the shelter was able to save these guys/gals from their E-Day which was scheduled for Friday. Fingers crossed that these same volunteers can convince the owner to spay the female who was kept and in a best case scenario relinquish her to rescue. Thankfully Daddy (10 mos) was HW- but all four were a walking smorgasbord of worms and need some weight.

I do wish there was a cure for indiscriminate/backyard breeding as dogs deserve better.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
A big thank you to you and all who helped these puppers. I hope you are able to get the mother some help too.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sheets

Sheets

God Bless you and GRRA-they are a wonderful rescue!
So glad that Daddy was taken in also. I've heard of people leaving the Mom or Dad behind-which is AWFUL!!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never met Mom but I believe she's pure--I do however think there was another Puppy Daddy as one of the little girls has some serious "flying nun" ears and the snout is a bit narrow & long. In either case I doubt they'll last long with the rescue as they certainly know how to work the puppy charm.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I never met Mom but I believe she's pure--I do however think there was another Puppy Daddy as one of the little girls has some serious "flying nun" ears and the snout is a bit narrow & long. In either case I doubt they'll last long with the rescue as they certainly know how to work the puppy charm.
LOL at the Puppy Daddy comment!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts