Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21,198 Posts
nope, they are perfectly harmless.
Gross, but harmless.

Eewwwwww!!!!

Are these the type of bugs that give dogs roundworms or the like? Have you had your pup(s) stool checked at the vet recently?

I will be thoroughly inspecting Molson's food when I get home!

·
Registered
21,198 Posts
spew alert....

One evening many many years ago my husband and I were sharing a nice romantic late evening snack in front of the TV set. We were having some rye krisp crackers with butter, salami, herring, a real nice snack tray, just the light from the TV, gazing lovingly into each other's eyes, etc (we probably weren't married yet, LOL).
We ran out of crackers, so I told him I'd go to the kitchen and get some more out of the box.
Everything was all jumbled on the kitchen counter, so I put the light on to get the crackers. I grabbed some out of the box, went to put them on a dish, and saw they were CRAWLING with those little mealybugs. I mean just loaded with them.
I let out a SHRIEK, he came to see what was wrong, we both about vomited. Talk about ruining a romantic mood!

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Dude. Bugs freak me out.

Bugs in FOOD would put me over the edge.

I remember in 8th grade science we learned about what "could" be in your food. I can't tell you how many different foods I refused to eat that year.

UGSHgdkjshdklsds. I'm totally checking any and all food. Oh, and my normally empty freezer ('sept frozen Kongies) will be loaded with stuff.

Ew.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No worries about baking this food in the outdoor grill. Not carcenogenic..no charcoal and no contact with the grill itself, just very hot oven for fifteen minutes. Most manufacturers of kibble also use high heat to "sanitize" food before they package it.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
spew alert....

One evening many many years ago my husband and I were sharing a nice romantic late evening snack in front of the TV set. We were having some rye krisp crackers with butter, salami, herring, a real nice snack tray, just the light from the TV, gazing lovingly into each other's eyes, etc (we probably weren't married yet, LOL).
We ran out of crackers, so I told him I'd go to the kitchen and get some more out of the box.
Everything was all jumbled on the kitchen counter, so I put the light on to get the crackers. I grabbed some out of the box, went to put them on a dish, and saw they were CRAWLING with those little mealybugs. I mean just loaded with them.
I let out a SHRIEK, he came to see what was wrong, we both about vomited. Talk about ruining a romantic mood!
This happened to me when I was a teen. I was happily eating Rice Krispys and then happened to look down to see little worms all over...the exact same size as the Rice Krispys.

To this day I have never eaten a bowl of that cereal and I never will.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.