Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is so sad.There is an injured golden[mix?]at the Minidoka animal control in Paul Idaho.she has been in a fight,shot by a bb gun,and dumped at this high kill shelter.it is possible she is pregnant.she has open wounds to the bone on her face,and is limping.They administer No vetting,so she is sitting,suffering in her cage.kennels are hosed down with dogs and pups in them,so infection and disease are widespread.We are trying to get her to rescue.she is in cage 2,and her name is Flika,shes only 3.Thanks!
Link: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15700920

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
I need to stop reading posts about injured dogs getting no veterinary care in so-called 'shelters.' This sort of stuff makes me nauseous. I hope someone can rescue this poor girl.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
This is horrible and sad.....what makes people do what they do to these innocent animals. I sure hope someone will help this poor girl!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankfully I have a son smarter than I that can post pictures!..This shelter just euthed 13 pups with parvo,and has a dozen more in...mostly black labs.its very sad. small rural towns with no spay/neuter programs.A volunteer is going to temp test the golden with other dogs this morning,if she is agressive,they will euth her....I agree,I have no idea why these places are called shelters.couldnt be farther from the truth.I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great news!!!this girl is going to foster today,with a couple of the pups as well...Rescue is picking her up this week!...also another rescue is going to take the other dog involved in the fight..they both temp tested fine...Whew!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
That is wonderful news. What rescue took her? I'll send them some lunch money.:)

You are wonderful too. How's Bucky?

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
How can this, itself, not be considered Animal Abuse?

I just don't get it.

This is so sad.There is an injured golden[mix?]at the Minidoka animal control in Paul Idaho.she has been in a fight,shot by a bb gun,and dumped at this high kill shelter.it is possible she is pregnant.she has open wounds to the bone on her face,and is limping.They administer No vetting,so she is sitting,suffering in her cage.kennels are hosed down with dogs and pups in them,so infection and disease are widespread.We are trying to get her to rescue.she is in cage 2,and her name is Flika,shes only 3.Thanks!
Link: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15700920

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Luna2

Luna2

thank you for finding help for this girl and the other dog!!

GOOD WORK!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Companion Golden Rescue in West Jordan Utah took the golden,and 4 Paws in Logan Utah took the lab mix!they were getting picked up and off to the vet today,along with a few pups...Thanks!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Great news!!!this girl is going to foster today,with a couple of the pups as well...Rescue is picking her up this week!...also another rescue is going to take the other dog involved in the fight..they both temp tested fine...Whew!
so great to hear this! thanks for the update :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sadly,none of the pups got out.they euthed all of them yesterday and a bunch of older dogs as well.They were afraid of another parvo outbreak....Happily these 2 made it out,in the nick of time,and the golden is currently at the vets!...Coppersmom,Bucky is doing great...he had to go to the vet for an ear infection 2 days ago,he has lost 35 pounds!!!!!He is down to 109 lbs,down from 146.All of his hair has come in and he looks awesome.I will post some pics on a different thread.Thanks for asking!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Luna2

Luna2

Keep us posted on Bucky and just think by your emlg. and contacting rescues you saved this Golden Ret. and the Labrador Ret.:):)
I am so very sorry for the puppies and older dogs who didn't make it out.:(:(

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
That is so sad. Didn't animal control know they were being rescued? It is nice to heat the other two were saved. Please keep us updated on the golden if you are able.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a wonderful update on this girl..her wounds have healed,and she will be looking for her new home this week.Turns out she is a total sweetheart,not a mean bone in her body...Im certain she will be adopted very quickly!heres her new and improved photo..looks like a different dog!
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
I love happy endings! Amazing what a little TLC and medical care will do. As for the animal control facility that didn't bother to treat her wounds -- it should be shut down, the people fired, and reopened under new management.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts