Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been raining and snowing here this week. Roxy and Elliot are bored. They spend all day laying in front of the wood stove. What indoor games do your goldens enjoy that two dogs can play?

Jim
Rescue goldens Roxy and Elliot

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
We play hide-n-seek. I have the dogs sit and wait in the livingroom and then I go hide somewhere in the house. Then I yell out "okay" and they come barreling through the house trying to find me. I hide under beds, behind chairs, in the tub, in the closet, etc. We have a great time!

I have also gone around and hidden treats all around the house and then release them. They love spending the time searching for them. And finding them!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Ditto to fostermom. That is exactly what we do. When my DH is home, sometimes we will both be in different parts of the apartment and take turns calling Finn back and forth to us.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Sit? Wait? Bwahahahahah! That would be a game in itself :)

But I like this thread.... I've been working 13-14 hour days, and it's been dark outside so G-Man hasn't gotten much play time. And it rained all last week. And he could not visit his harem last weekend, or this coming weekend.

He destroyed a brand new 3 foot large 3 knot rope in exactly 47 minutes. He needs stimulation :)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
We play fetch with a squeaky toy.
We also do some sit stays and down stays while move around the house then call her, of course she comes charging to find me, or has to stay until I come back to her.
Shh!:uhoh: we play tug too, even though our training instructor said we shouldn't.
Karen

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Daisy's favorite game right now is Find the Peanuts :) She loves peanuts, in the shell. I take a few and hide them around the house. Doesn't take her long to find them but I hide a few of them really well so the game lingers. She loves it.

Of course you don't have to use peanuts, you can use anything your dog likes ... like hotdog pieces or cheese cubes.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
All my dogs have been taught to pick out items with my scent. I was just thinking it might be fun to put a bunch of balls out on the floor, then add a few with my scent, and let the dogs bring me the ones with my scent. Take the ball, throw back into the pile. Repeat.

Fetch with a twist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts