Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Claire
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of some indoor games, it is a crummy day outside and I am bored to the teets.
Phoebe is obvi sleeping as we were just playing the "hide and seek" game with her. We did the muffin tray game and we practiced her recall. But when she wakes up I want to have a new game for her. Does anyone have any ideas?
We are probs going to go for a walk around Petsmart soon, but that isn't a game. I like playing games with her :)
We might go to the trail for a walk, I like when she gets muddy. Makes me satisfied that she has had a good walk. :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Do you have an unfinished basement? Before I finished mine I would play ball with my older golden.

Some suggestions:

1) Teach Phoebe tricks. If you google dog tricks you will find videos? Pick some and teach them. You can also buy a dog tricks book. Some easy ones include - circle, spin, leg weaves, high five

2) I have Nina Ottesen dog games/puzzles. The Level 1 games a puppy can probably do but if you have patience you can probably do Level 2 ones. These games were a lifesaver during bad weather at any time of the year with my older one. I should take them and play with the puppy. Some Level 2 games just required your puppy to know "touch".

3) Play tug games.

4) Teach new obedience skills - have her move backwards in sit position and down position. Teach her to stand and then to walk backwards - I do all these because they will come in handy when we do Obedience. Have her in a sit stay, down stay or stand stay and walk around her. Look at Rally Obedience signs (go to AKC or CKC website) and do them with Phoebe. I've been doing signs with the puppy for over a month already.

·
Claire
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect, we are just about to go to Petsmart and I love walking around and practicing her obedience there with all the distractions but I will teach her tricks when we get home!
Thanks

·
Claire
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My other golden did that! We have been lookong for the pointer forever. We should go get another one. Maybe my in-laws have one!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts