Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Megora said the following in another thread. I didn't want to hijack. I absolutely KNOW what she means and had to chuckle to myself. Penny is a few days away from her 10th birthday and spent the day stealing papers out of the recycle bag and tearing them up in the family room. She hasn't forgotten how to be bad, just has mastered mixing it with 'cute'!

" A 10 year old senior golden is an ANGEL, because they've reached that age where they've simply forgotten how to be bad. "

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
With the amount of "puppy" Penny still has in her, I'd say she has quite a ways to go before you can call her a senior.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I think so too. She's always been such a character! And now laying full out on her side on the tile beside my chair. She is amazing!

I wonder what game we will be playing tomorrow.......:bowl:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Tucker will be 4 in February. Somehow I see him as Penny when he is 10. He knows exactly what buttons to push. Honestly, I can't see him changing, and I think I would be a little sad if he does. He will snitch the tv remote at any chance. He doesn't chew it, but would rather taunt you with it. He will bring it and place it in your open hand, only to take it away the second you try to close your hand around it. He does it with a quick flick of his head, and sly look and smile, finishing with a wag of his tail. He knows exactly what he is doing. He will do it 3 or 4 times before he finally gives it to you. I just have to laugh. He is such a goofball....

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YES! YES! YES! That is SO LIKE Penny. Ever since she was about 4 months old and stole that first sock. I was tired and thought "Oh just have the darn thing". I turned my back to continue folding clothes and pretty soon, there she is bopping me in the butt with her nose. Sock still in her mouth. "C'mon, Mom...you're supposed to chase me. IT'S A GAME!!". And when she steals a kitchen towel (or anything) she always knows just how close to get in her taunting and not matter how fast I grab, she is faster pulling it away. It's all the game! I think I encourage her because I think it's fun too! We keep each other young. And I hope she and Tucker never 'grow up'!

Tucker will be 4 in February. Somehow I see him as Penny when he is 10. He knows exactly what buttons to push. Honestly, I can't see him changing, and I think I would be a little sad if he does. He will snitch the tv remote at any chance. He doesn't chew it, but would rather taunt you with it. He will bring it and place it in your open hand, only to take it away the second you try to close your hand around it. He does it with a quick flick of his head, and sly look and smile, finishing with a wag of his tail. He knows exactly what he is doing. He will do it 3 or 4 times before he finally gives it to you. I just have to laugh. He is such a goofball....

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Don't even get me started on folding clothes and Tucker. Sounds like he and Penny are somehow related. Is Penny a counter surfer as well? I am going to petition the AKC for a new series of titles ... CS.... Counter Surfing. Tucker, of course, has his CSE. Counter Surfer Excellent.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not quite sure what qualifies as counter surfing. The most she ever does is sniff along the edge when something REALLY good, like bacon, is on the counter. She's never stolen anything. And if we leave the roast or something like that out while we eat; she'll lay IN the kitchen. We call it guarding the prize. When she was very little, I had finished cutting up veggies on the island and turned my back to wash my knife in the sink. I glanced over my shoulder and saw her with her paws on the side of the cabinet and her nose in my veggies. I didn't mean to push her down but when I turned and said "NO" I put my hands out and kind of ran into her. She fell against the ovens. She wasn't hurt or anything, but she never did that again. I don't advocate violence, it was an accident.:(

Don't even get me started on folding clothes and Tucker. Sounds like he and Penny are somehow related. Is Penny a counter surfer as well? I am going to petition the AKC for a new series of titles ... CS.... Counter Surfing. Tucker, of course, has his CSE. Counter Surfer Excellent.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Husband was packing this morning and Lexi was hauling items out of his bag!
Those 'naughty-cute' moments become more and more precious as they get older.
Please add Lexi to the "steel the remote and tease" list.....

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awww, that's so cute. I bet he couldn't help but laugh! Lexi is added to the list!

Husband was packing this morning and Lexi was hauling items out of his bag!
Those 'naughty-cute' moments become more and more precious as they get older.
Please add Lexi to the "steel the remote and tease" list.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts