Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this post/picture on how to hide a dog crate in plain sight on a website that focuses on decorating your home and thought it was a brilliant idea. I thought I'd share: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/how-to/how-to-hide-a-dog-crate-080165

While some people don't mind crates, dog beds etc. out and about, I know that some might wish there was a way to "have your crate and hide it too". Personally, while I respect that it's my dogs' home too, I was fairly excited when they both shunned their crates (and were safe to roam the house) so I could get them out of here. Had I thought about a clever way to tuck them away, I may have felt differently.

Anyway, I thought if others have found a good way to integrate their dog stuff (creates, beds, toys, etc.) into their decor in creative ways it might be fun to share good ideas!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
uh, given how my younger golden was a bundle of wild child and tore anything up in the vacinity of his crate, and still manhandles his bed at age 5, I don't think the glass on top of that table would be safe! It would be just a matter of time before he would grab the tablecloth and start running away with it in his mouth, bringing the glass and planter with him. In my opinion--this is a safety hazard!

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Yep...I could see Abbie knocking the lamp and glass right off the crate.....:doh::doh::doh::doh:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I saw a crate that was made as part of an end table. Ver stylish, but very expensive.
I saw something like that too, it was in the bedroom. Really cute idea but would have only fit a smaller dog. But for the price, I think I'll live with eye sore in the living room.

Molly would pull the cloth off too or I'd find it pulled into her crate when I came home from work.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Here's our version of integrating the dog stuff into the living room:
HEY how did you get picture of my house! Just kidding but yours looks like mine. That is our integrated dog stuff too.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
BTW... You know what his favorite toy is in that big mess?

Not the $5 Zanies. Not the $10 Zanies. Not the $24 Zanie. Not even the $18 USA made grande Rawhide bone. Its....

The free flattened Pepsi bottle (16.9oz).

The breeder brought this to my attention and ****** if she wasn't right!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts