Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lucy & Dory's Mom
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put up our Christmas tree Saturday and started putting little Christmas decorations all along the house. One decoration is a snowman head that hangs from doorknobs with a bell hanging from it. Well, since our front door doesn't technically have a knob, I hung it on the inside of the back door. Dory has started hitting the bells to let us know she needs to potty.

I have to admit I had been thinking about getting some bells for the door anyway, and now that we know she can do it, they'll be up year-round.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
I think bells are the best..I canhear Misty telling me whe wants to go out from all over the house!

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
On the puppy forum, I mentioned sleigh bells as a great and easy to get a hold of idea for bell training. Max lets us know when he needs to go out as well as wants to sometimes. Hopefully it won't hurt not always letting Max out when he rings them - sometimes he does it 10 minutes after being out. :)

·
New Mutt on the Block
79 Posts
Smart girl!!! I love dogs that train themselves. I've never bell trained but Bo will start pacing if he needs out and Bayley will just run and find us. They have us trained!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts