Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So tonight we went to a party. :party2:Everybody was a big dog lover:heartbeat, and they invited the Pudden inside. I said, okay, but let's make sure there are no edibles in reach, so everybody looked around to remove cat food, chips and dip etc.:yes:

Enter the Pudden.:slamdoor:

Within 2 seconds after entry, she was in the kitchen with her face in the garbage:no: (she never paused to say hi to anyone; she steered straight to the kitchen; how did she even know where to go? She's never been there before:gotme:), then she pushed open the sliding cabinet door with her nose and found the bag of cat food behind it.:yummy: So Mama runs after her and pulls her outta there, and the Pud turns on her heels and runs to the coffee table in the living room and scores one croissant with cream cheese, two chocolate chip cookies, and half a cup of coffee :nchuck:- all within 12 seconds of entering the house.

Those cookies and the croissant never had a chance in Hades; the Pud just swallowed them whole, one to a second. :confused:I caught up with her when she had her trunk in the coffee cup, and I heard her blow bubbles in there because there wasn't enough room to lap up the coffee with her tongue.

Everybody thought it was a big hit, and laughed and whooped,:yipee: except for Mama, who was mortified. :bricks1:Everybody wanted to continue to feed her scraps:no:, which Mama reluctantly allowed under the strict condition that the Pud had to perform a trick for each morsel, which she did with great enthusiasm, rolling over:bowl:, shaking with everybody, and playing dead all evening.

The Pudden does NOT behave like that at home.:no: At our house, Mama worked hard to instill some simple rules about whose food is whose, and except for very rare relapses, such as when Mama goes to the outhouse and forgets her apple core on a plate on the couch or such, the Pud has learned to be a good girl and not surf counters or raid the trash or steal Mama's sandwich.:yes:

So where oh where have I gone wrong? :scratchchWhere in our training have I told the Pudden that rules no longer apply when we go to a different house?!:curtain: I have failed miserably as a mother.:no::banghead::help!:

edited to add: the last time we went to a party with this same crowd of people, the Pudden took a flying leap out of nowhere to join everybody in the hot tub, setting the basement under water and tripping all the circuit breakers. She still has a reputation around town from that one...:no:

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
You have not failed as a mumma!

The Pud has a warm bed at night, kisses and snuggles to wake up to and a belly full of food. That's a LOT more than some people do for their fur kids!

Sounds like she did have a blast at the party, though, and I'm SURE she will want to go next time!! :woot2:

I know mine are still puppies, but I know how you feel about them being whole 'nother animal outside the house. At home they NEVER jump or lunge and they sit nicely to be pet and all that good stuff.

As soon as we go ANYWHERE in public they magically forget EVERYTHING.

Mine don't normally get lucky enough for croissants, chocolate chip cookies and coffee though. :wavey:

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
oh my, I hate to admit how much I laughed when I read this...

·
Dad to Riley and Sam
256 Posts
Yes, I'm sure in one way or another we can all relate to this. I'm sure they are thinking "Not Mama's, Not Mama's rules". Riley gets that mentality sometimes.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I am sorry but I laughed my head off when reading this!! It's like having a little kid isn't it, as soon as there is an audience they have to show off!!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I love the Pudden stories, they make me laugh, you have a gift for story telling.

You are not a failure Puddens moma, the Pudden just get too excited and forgets.
The Pudden is cool, I like the Pudden!

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
1 question....did she like the coffee?

:lol: Great story ..you can dress em up.. ya just cant take em anywhere!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Too funny!
The girl sure knows how to party!

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Good One Pudden - bet you had a great time at the party and livened things up a bit, just hope you get invited to the next one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
amazing story! laughed like crazy. You definitely have a knack for story telling :p
the Pudd sounds like a naughty girl, lol

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
Clearly Pudden knows a party crowd when she sees one, FREE FOR ALL!!!!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh Pudden....you made my morning!:smooch: Sorry Mom....but it sure made me laugh this morning!! ;) That was just too funny NOT to laugh!! You are an excellent Mom, and maybe she thinks the "no rules here" rule exists, since it isn't at home! LOL

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Oh,Pudden,party girl!!!!!You made my Sunday morning.I am laughing,sorry Puddens mom.She is the best.I will invite her inside too. Love this girl.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts